Thread: PageRank fluctuating?

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. Northstar's Avatar

PageRank fluctuating?

Does Google PageRank Fluctuate through out the day? My page rank is usually a PR5. This morning I checked my site and it was at PR5 then within a hour I checked my site again and it was a PR4. Then Two hours later I checked my site once again and it was back to the normal PR5. This is the first time I notice this type of PR fluctuation.

desslock
    Pay no attention to the PR designation behind the curtain....

desslock
    Actually, I'm sorry. That was being coy. I know that your Google toolbar is pulling PR information from any number of nameservers. So you were probably pulling information at first from, say, 127.0.0.1 and the later you may have pulled from 127.0.0.2

When you poll www.google.com you are getting info from a very large bank of IP addresses. And if they are moving an update through the system, you can literally reload your google searches and get different results when you refresh the page. Although that is limited because the nameserver will be in your cache and not snatch different IPs every single time.

Steve