Thread: programs that use the word "gay" in every site title

programs that use the word "gay" in every site title

was just looking over hpic's gay offerings and noticed that pretty much every one of their gay sites has the word "gay" in the title.

http://www.hpic.com/advert/HHIS.htm#gay

i always sorta figure that gay men looking at a page of pics including no women and phrases like "gay sex" on it didn't need this extra reminder. i think those surfers pretty much can figure it out from there, and that leaves you with the ability to have a great title. but maybe it's just me...

what do you think? is there a reason to have "gay" in the site titles?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    You know, i actually thought about doing that with Condom Cash except, instead of the word 'gay' i thought about putting the word 'condom' in every domain ie, condomtwinks, condombears, etc etc.

I think to some extent, when used like that, repeating the same word in every site name can help for branding the program however, i think in the instance you mentioned, it could possibly be because that was simply one of the better domains available for the sites.

Im also in agreement with you about giving the surfers some credit, they have found the paysite from a gay site link or, a gay search term, the chances are they do know what they are looking at without having to re-enforce it every chance you get LOL

Regards,

Lee

joneze
    SEO ??

It would give your domain more "weight" for the search engines.

it's highly unlikely that mega sites - that don't even use text on their pages - are getting high search engine results.

joneze
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    it's highly unlikely that mega sites - that don't even use text on their pages - are getting high search engine results.
    True, But it could give some word usage help to your page,
    If used properly.

I'm sure they didn't have any of that in mind when they purchased the domains.