Thread: Screen Grab Question About Timing...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Wonder? Screen Grab Question About Timing...

I just wondered how long between grabs you folks were using for your movie grabs?

In your opinion, is there an 'optimal' time setting that will work well irrespective of the length of the DVD?

Obviously im looking to get as much use as possible out of this DVD content but, at the same time, i want the screengrabs to be high quality but also not be full of 20 pics of a guy taking his shorts off LOL

Any help you folks can offer would be appreciated

Regards,

Lee

no - because every video has different moments where there is some blur or a shot where all you see is a guy's knee.

when i use vidcaps for pics, i run a LOT of them - 100 for every 5 minutes of video or even more. then i go through them by hand and throw out all the crappy ones.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Would you say 100 for every 5 minutes should be the minimum?

Regards,

Lee

depends on the videos, but it is my minimum. expect to throw away at least 30 but more likely 40 - 50 from each 100.

Paco
    Yah, 20 per minute is about what I am doing.

I captured over 600 images from a 21-minute video yesterday, and I hucked out over 100.

Wow! Am I the only one who actually does this manually?

We tried automating it a while back but were not satisfied with the results. Could never seem to get just the right captures. We stopped taking still photos a long time ago so every preview image on our sites is taken from the video footage.

Of course every time I sit down to extract the images, I think there must be a better way...

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth
    Nope - I manually do all screen caps, while watching the video (sometimes at 1/4 the speed).

blah blah blah...
    nope, i do it manually too and yeah, i know what you mean...when ever it comes down to doing it...i'm annoyed as hell!! but if you want high quality captures, i can't imagine doing it any other way. unless you take like 100grabs per min of video, i can't imagine getting very good images...but then again...i'm a perfectionist

Quote Originally Posted by Seth

We tried automating it a while back but were not satisfied with the results. Could never seem to get just the right captures. We stopped taking still photos a long time ago so every preview image on our sites is taken from the video footage.

Of course every time I sit down to extract the images, I think there must be a better way...