Thread: I Thought This Was Interesting...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Thought This Was Interesting...

I just opened up email for the first time in a couple of days and found a bunch of failed login attempts for the Condom Cash paysites, not just the same site either, a wide reach of them across the board.

It looks like surfers are attempting to gain 'access' to the sites without buying a membership.

You'd figure, if they wanted access so much, they'd just pay for it LOL

Even when we had DILF we didnt have this many failed login attempts in the space of a week :eek:

Im just glad i know everything on our side is working otherwise id be worried LOL

Regards,

Lee

dalimili
    When they start attacking your server, then you should really get worried, or when you see them spoofing your content, which can be done without even entering your site... you'll end up with huge bill for outside content providers, that you have no idea where they came from...

Personally, I think spoofing content is the most worrying thing...

strongbox or pennywize - have you got either installed?

Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    strongbox or pennywize - have you got either installed?
    Yep I had Ray install StrongBox for us last week

Im not that concerned about the 'fake' user/pass combos just thought it was interesting to see for some new sites.

Dalimili, what do you mean by 'spoofing' the content? no other sites except for ours can access our content management system so thats probably not even going to happen

Regards,

Lee

dalimili
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Yep I had Ray install StrongBox for us last week

Im not that concerned about the 'fake' user/pass combos just thought it was interesting to see for some new sites.

Dalimili, what do you mean by 'spoofing' the content? no other sites except for ours can access our content management system so thats probably not even going to happen

Regards,

Lee

I'm sure you know what spoofing is... I could post a few links here, but I think that would be inapropriate... for instance let's say you have a Maximo Latino or Boyscondo or any other feed in your members area.

When user logins he then clicks on the link that takes him to that content feed. For instance, let's say that link is feedsomething.com/?id=3747 or whatever.

Now spoofing is when content server gets a notice that someone from your site (which is ok for them) wants to enter those feeds, but he enters it by reffering through spoofed URL that the content feed thinks came through yours...

I'm sorry it sounds complicated, but it's really easy:

spoof://www.contentfeed.com/id=90723235/;ref://www.yoursite.com/members/content.html

There are tons of spoofed sites, from bedfellow, tylersroom, gaymen, randyblue and mancheck... I can post a few working links that you might check...

Basically you don't need username or password to get to any content feed.

I think the way the sites are setup, with a basic splash page and the only links are join or members, you're going to get a lot of failed surfer logins.

Put someone in a closed room with just 2 doors, they'll try them both, and if one is locked, they'll still jiggle the handle a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by dalimili
    I'm sure you know what spoofing is... I could post a few links here, but I think that would be inapropriate... for instance let's say you have a Maximo Latino or Boyscondo or any other feed in your members area.

When user logins he then clicks on the link that takes him to that content feed. For instance, let's say that link is feedsomething.com/?id=3747 or whatever.

Now spoofing is when content server gets a notice that someone from your site (which is ok for them) wants to enter those feeds, but he enters it by reffering through spoofed URL that the content feed thinks came through yours...

I'm sorry it sounds complicated, but it's really easy:

spoof://www.contentfeed.com/id=90723235/;ref://www.yoursite.com/members/content.html

There are tons of spoofed sites, from bedfellow, tylersroom, gaymen, randyblue and mancheck... I can post a few working links that you might check...

Basically you don't need username or password to get to any content feed.
    Well thats asuming that we have a bunch of plugins in the members areas which, we dont, we have 2 and we own one of them LOL

The rest of the content is actually hosted by us so spoofing it isnt going to work because we have a pretty solid .htaccess in place

Regards,

Lee