Thread: Got Server Access Back So.. GWW Community Project Pt 2

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Got Server Access Back So.. GWW Community Project Pt 2

By now we should have 6 sets of 10 images selected for 6 individual niches now we are going to put these images to use.

The first thing we need to do is to make a standard 10 thumb gallery page layout, on this page you need to decide whether you want to use all text on th page or, a selection of text and banners.

You need to hae the thumbnails and the images named in a generic fashion however for each of the 6 sets you currently have so for example..

pic1.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    pic5.jpg

Would have thumbnails called...

thumb1.jpg
    thumb2.jpg
    thumb3.jpg
    thumb4.jpg
    thumb5.jpg

Etc, etc.

Once you have your thumbnails and images named you can now start builing your 6 gallery pages (one for each niche) what you are aiming for is 6 differently colored pages that you can send some sample traffic to in order to start the filtering process of your surfers.

With this traffic filtering process in mind you also need to consider how the surfers are going to filtr themselves through this first site and, by far the easiest way of achieving this is to make a small selection of text links on the bottom of your gallery pages that link to all 6 of the pages you have created.

Here is an quick example of a Bi-Sexual gallery page so you can get an idea of what you are hoping to acheive, notice how the larger text links on each of the individual pages goes directly to the sponsor whilst the smaller text links on the bottom link directly to the other gallery pages.

http://66.115.137.180/bisexual/

Another thing you may like to try (as i have done) is to keep each of the 6 niches in ther own sub directory on your server, this way, you will know instantly where a specific sites is as well as making the job of linking to your individual niche sites much easier as you wont have to type in the full domain in each link instead, if you have the sub directorys setup in the root of the domain like i do you will just have to type for your html link /bisexual/ or /twink/ mke sure you keep the directory name relevant to the niche though, this will become important in a later stage of the project once we start to dirty up our main hub pages a little.

If you have any questions or comments about the above stage feel free to post away as well.

Regards,

Lee

so each gallery will be named index.html in the subfolders correct?

Yep hon thats right

Also each 'set' of pics and thumbs will be in the sub directory folder too.

Regards,

Lee

can i put pics to an image folder in the subniche - ?? rather than have em flying around in there LOL /fetish/images type thing?

You can BUT...

Its going to defeat the object of this first part of the project if you do that, at least for the time being anyway

Regards,

Lee

i'm trying to find a domain that don't already have folders with the names of these niches in it

Lee -- can you sticky the lessons for a bit?? -- they're going to need it or constantly bumped so they don't get lost!

Hugs

Ready for lesson #3 !!!

Hehe actually im going to be re-writing part 1 and 2 later toay probably, i wasnt feeling to well when i wrote them and i start to waffle on in places LOL

Part 3 will ost likely be up early this afternoon sometime

Regards,

Lee