Thread: Dating site class action lawsuits

CorbinFisher.com CorbinFisher_BD's Avatar

Dating site class action lawsuits

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051118/...ng_lawsuits_dc

found this story to be interesting. Shit, if Match.com and Yahoo personals were doing that then I'd be pretty damn pissed as well, if I were a paying customer for either.

Wonder if there are any gay dating, personals or cruising sites out there that are doing that also...

CorbinFisher's Amateur College Men

anything is possible in this crazy world, but paying employees to go out on dates with customers doesn't seem financially feasible.

*beware - popups* http://www.findagaylover.com/ probably uses licensed content on their tour - i know their other sites do.

CorbinFisher.com CorbinFisher_BD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    anything is possible in this crazy world, but paying employees to go out on dates with customers doesn't seem financially feasible.

Yeah that one is a bit much. I can't imagine how it could be in any way efficient or at all worthwhile to do so. I mean how many dates would your employees have to go out on with customers for it to benefit the company in any way? So you get that one guy to resubscribe and he tells a couple friends. Will that have paid for itself? How many dates would your employees have to go on for it to create any noticeable effect on your revenue? Shitloads!

The fake profiles and emails, on the other hand... I bet there's no shortage of those on these sites hehe.

CorbinFisher's Amateur College Men

robin
    LOL! Oh man -- Thanks for the find...

This brings a smile to me because Match mysteriously dropped me from their affiliate program a few years back and didn't bother to tell me and I swear they were shaving commissions.

And Yahoo...They didn't want to accept me as an affiliate because I'm Gay and a Canadian.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by robin
    They didn't want to accept me as an affiliate because I'm Gay and a Canadian.
    Okay and the problem there is Robin? LOL j/k

Seriously though, i really dont think there is going to be any merrit to this story at all, as Patti mentioned, financially, its just not going to be worth the hassle for the companies OR their employees.

On the other hand, its more than possible an employee from those companies went on a date after using their services themselves, i mean, who in the adult industry hasnt err.. Well thats enough of that i think

Regards,

Lee

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by robin
    And Yahoo...They didn't want to accept me as an affiliate because I'm Gay and a Canadian.
    In that order?:joker:

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Madame0120
    In that order?:joker:
    nah first on the list was he was way too cute..:thumbsup:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

robin
    LOL what a bunch of :joker: 's

Personally I think that it's more than possible that dating site employees pick up dates from the same place they work at. Retail store employees shop at their own stores all the time. etc...

However, I wouldn't put it past a company to try and pull such a stunt. Particularly if the would be hopeful was complaining that they never got a single date and were going to do a massive chargeback.