Thread: who are you using for Domain Registrars?

who are you using for Domain Registrars?

So.. ok... New domain, who are you going with as a Registrar? Does it really make a difference, and if so, what are the things one should be looking for when choosing one?
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Right now, we're using 3 main registrars for our domain orders.

Joker.com - For those domains that we want to 'play' with, meaning, domains that are disposable if the sites on them dont do what we want them to traffic wise.

Directnic.com - For domains that we registered at Joker and found worked really well in addition to buying domains that we have 'long term' plans for.

GoDaddy - For backordering domains, we've actually grabbed quite a few decent backordered domains in the last couple of months through GoDaddy, the most recent one being gaybling.com

Regards,

Lee

robin
    I use a couple of different places.

One of my webhosts is also a domain broker and I order a lot through them. One of the reasons why is because they're handy and for another their .ca rates are pretty decent.

I also use domain direct a lot these days. In fact I would say over the past year I've used them almost exclusively for new domain purchases.

I've got a couple of domains with godaddy. The only reason why is because I bought a site and domain from someone that was using them for their register and I couldn't be bothered to transfer to another register.

I've been burned before by domain registers; domain registry of canada, aka domain registry of america, aka etc....So, yes it does make a difference with you go with.

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    i use "go daddy" at the moment along with another service for "who is" shielding

sincerely ~ ..."annonimity is like a warm jacket that belongs to someone else!"... :goof:

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Used to use DirectNIC but have switched over time to 1and1 as they are both ICANN approved and half the price.. $5.99 for .coms and while they only offer a 1 year registration, its still cheaper and as secure.

However, that being said, with the recent Jagger Update by Google, it might be of value to begin registering domains with multiple registrars, with different WHOIS information as well as using multiple hosting so as to get under the latest Algo changes.

And if I ever find the guy who told me being a webmaster was fun & easy, I'll kill the SOB..(j/k)
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

godaddy is good as long as you make sure your contact info is up to date plus you have a good strong password on your account (which you should do anyway). I also use cheapestregistry.com, they are an enom reseller and the guy that runs it, Eric, is a great guy willing to go out of his way to help you.

cheers,
    Luke

I've always used network solutions. Not sure why, out of habit, I guess. I do trust their locking security, and even though they are a little pricey, I don't worry about getting hijacked.

And they call me a VIP. LOL.. suck-ups.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    I think it defintely matters. I personally will only use DirectNic. I don't care if someone can get domains for 1.00 I would still use DirectNic. I think they really proved themselves even more when they stayed up the entire time when Katrina hit them. I had to just transfer a domain from GoDaddy and hated everything about the admin of that site, my friend felt the same way. Network Solutions never again and Yahoo no way ever, . I know Yahoo's customer service already sucks from past expericnes and have already heard horror stories. Just my 2or 3 cents, .

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

I'm not gay; I'm British!
    Hi

I use Namecheap, they are good value ($8.88) - easy to use and fast.

I used to use GoDaddy but I found their site was too slow and hard to do `simple' things.

Just my opinion though.

Ernie

desslock
    My important domain names are with Network Solutions. My goofy ideas are purchased through GoDaddy.

I purchased domain names in the 1990s with companies that went out of business. That was a lot of headaches. My impression today is still that many of these small domain registrars are fly by night, so I avoid them.

Steve