Thread: What do you pay for dot com?

What do you pay for dot com?

Wondering what everyone is paying for their dot coms ... and what registry service/site you're using.

I use godaddy.com ... I like the fact all of my domains are under one account, I can bulk manage them if needed ... and they run sales like the one they have going now ... $7.95 for a new dot com domain name.

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    We use Joker.com since Lee used them in the UK.

I use Directnic since I've been friends with the guys at Intercosmos for as long as I've been in the biz.

Joker charges $11 and Directnic charges $15.

And occasionally when we promote directnic on our smaller resource sites, we make some extra credits to use on domains. Nothing huge, but still something.

I like the management tools we get on Directnic, too. But I was with them before they were good LOL (Billy is going to kick me for that one LOL)

My best,
    Gary

Xstr8guy
    I use DirectNic, too. Sure they are more expensive... but you can trust them, unlike godaddy.

What do you mean by "unlike godaddy?" - I've used them for over 6 years without a problem.

I use cheapestregistry.com, its an enom reseller and the guy who runs it, Eric, gives top notch service.

cheers,

Luke

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    I use godaddy.com. they have always been fast, friendly, cheap and easy. 4 things i always love.
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>

Xstr8guy
    I've heard horror stories about godaddy pulling peoples domains for spam with just 1 unsubstantiated claim and other stuff like that. Search GFY for relevant threads.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by Xstr8guy
    I've heard horror stories about godaddy pulling peoples domains for spam with just 1 unsubstantiated claim and other stuff like that. Search GFY for relevant threads.
    I have to admit i have heard stories like that too from threads on other boards as well as individuals i know personally.

I have to admit though, i did find the... GFY and relevant being mentioned in the same line amusing

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    I have to admit though, i did find the... GFY and relevant being mentioned in the same line amusing
    What the hell was I thinking?!:dunce:

i use directnic. unlike godaddy, they have weekend support. $15 isn't much, and the user interface at directnic is very easy to use.

also i know a couple people whose domains were accidentally given to other people by godaddy - and they weren't exactly speedy in fixing this problem. to be fair, it was days, not weeks till the problem was fixed, and i know more people whose domains were hijacked through internic/netsol than any other registrar.

any company can make a mistake, but godaddy isn't there when the mistakes are made on fridays or weekends, and they and nic are the only two registrars that i know of (i'm sure there are others) who have been the registrars in domain hijackings.