Thread: So How Do You Explain To Straight Webmasters That..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

So How Do You Explain To Straight Webmasters That..

Whether they like it or not they DO have gay traffic?

I was just talking to someone about doing a link trade and they didnt seem to understand that, even though they had straight sites, they still got bi curious and gay surfers hitting them.

I tried explaining how they were leaving $$$ on the table but they just werent interested.

What method have you folks used when it came to getting trades with straight sites?

Also, is this still the norm? Straight webmasters not wanting anything to do with gay traffic?

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    I would first off clarify what is a 'link trade'...

It seems many assume that a 'link trade' is about them sending you traffic, when in the purest sense it isn't. Link trades are just that, for SE benefits which ultimately results in traffic.

'Traffic Trades' are a different story, as that is more about receiving direct traffic, and sending it.

To be honest, too many misuse the term and have erroneous conceptions of what a 'link' vs 'traffic' trade are. Hence the constant confusion in trying to enlighten them.

As for trying to inform them, well the old saying is apt, 'you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink'.

Plus I have found surprisingly that many straight webmasters still consider gay unclean. I can't keep track of the link requests I have had returned with comments from straight webmasters telling me they don't promote perversion, or simply respond with 'fuck off faggot' and yet their own sites are far more hardcore than many would consider, acceptable.

Course the worse are those who pat you on the back, tell you how gay friendly they are to squeeze the cash out of you and your gay traffic, while making rude derogatory comments to their straight buds or elsewhere... and some of them are even considered as 'experts'. Course they also are the one's who bury your link, hide it or remove it once they see their link go up on your site, then figure as you a fag, you too stupid to check back. Go figure (banging head)

So short answer, I don't bother with them. If they haven't a clue, i ain't got the time to waste.

Added short answer, after Jagger I'll stick to quality one way links from themed sites only where possible, quality exclusive content to augment that.

Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

my straight traffic didn't seem to be very curious, but it's always worth finding out. did you know gaydemon has a few str8 site reviews on his site? and he does make sales with them.

Paco
    Not much one can do: Unfortunately (here comes my prickish way) I classify those as the phobic type, which are plenty.

Hell, I am constantly stuffin tranny and gay in to our exit panel :goof: because the conversions ratios are typically better than the mainstream, which reside on the same console. I know many visitors come to our sites (such as Massive Cocks) looking for ... BINGO... males, and so not to loose them, I add one sismple variable, to help convert.

I guess those that deny are not that serious about the game, or simply do not like money!

TheWhack
    I first started out with my first straight site 4 years ago. I worked my ass of to make a couple bucks a week. My best friend Mark @ Intensecash got be to start my own gay site. Me being a straight guy I was honestly a little hesitant. Not because I am against being gay, but because I didn’t want family members to think I was gay just because I am comfortable with myself to sell any sex niche. Anyways, within a few weeks of getting my template up and starting to gain traffic I started making sales enough sales to get me from having to work my other job of installing hardwood floors as often.

My point is straight people who are blind to see they are losing money just because they think being gay is “dirty” need to open their eyes and look at all the hardcore nasty shit on their sites. I want people to accept all kinds of ideas and things, but our disagreements is what keeps the world going round.

okay, if str8 webmasters are losing money because they don't offer their traffic a gay alternative, how many gay webmasters here are offering their surfers a str8 alternative?

Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    okay, if str8 webmasters are losing money because they don't offer their traffic a gay alternative, how many gay webmasters here are offering their surfers a str8 alternative?
    me :sun:

Paco
    Correct - it works both ways.

maleflixxx.tv
    We do! We do! maleflixxx-affiliates.com allows its affiliates to offer bi/straight content via an upsell to maleflixxx.tv or by customizing their own maleflixxx cinema to showcase bi or straight content

i know bec is always on top of that stuff, but most of the webmasters with gay sites don't do this any more than the str8 ones do. i don't either on my most targeted pages...

TheWhack
    I link to a lot of bi sexual, straight content from my sites... once in a while I get a signup from it... nothing like my targeted gay sites but at least I offer the alternative,

on my most targeted pages, when i added straight links at the bottom of the page, i noticed a drop in sales for the site the pages were pointed at.

WE do amazing with traffic from straight sites.. I think that we're a solo male site works for us.. men who are curious about men, but not wanting to see gay sex LOVE our site. Most of our members who talk to us tell us that they found our site by accident when they were looking for straight guys on straight sites. Makes sense if you think about it.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN.
    "Show them the money" is the method that works 100%

A screenshot of your statistic can sometimes do wonders and persuade even the most stubborn ones to at least give it a try.

Madame0120
    We have some nice cross over sales from the gay side of Flirt 4 Free to the straight female side.

Does that make them het-curious?