Thread: More Music News

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Big Grin More Music News

Bowie ready for more experimentation
    David Bowie, pushing 60, has said he's headed for another spell of experimentation.
    Speaking in Tokyo to kick off the Japan leg of his current world tour, Bowie said he is stripping down his act in order to try out some new approaches.

"I'm heading for another period of experimentation," he said. "(I'm at) a time when I'm collecting myself before I break all my own rules."

The iconic artist has gone through various personas during his more than three-decade career - Ziggy Stardust, the Thin White Duke, Philadelphia soul man, avant-garde rocker.

Now, he said, he wants to focus on his songwriting and singing.

"It's probably the simplest tour that I've ever done," he said, dressed in grey cargo trousers and a hooded sweat shirt.

"This is very stripped down. It's really not working with theatrics at all."

The tour is Bowie's first in seven years. Bowie released his latest album, Reality, last September.

The 57-year-old Bowie said it was harder to get his music heard these days, especially on radio stations, because of his age.

But he added that he enjoys seeing life get simpler as he gets older. "I was quite scared of getting old in my 40s," he said. "But as I approach 60 ... you learn to embrace getting older."
    This should be a good experiment on his part and Bowie is one of the artists i will actually go out of my way to listen to.

Regards,

Lee

Jasun
    "Outside" is one of the best records I've heard in my life, and I think I wore out about 5 copies of Scary Monsters on vinyl back in the day.

I actually have 2 favorite Bowie songs.. Little Wonder (circa 1999 or 2000 i think) and Lets Dance, i hae no idea why but the video to that song is one i actually can remember watching when top of the pops was on English TV in the early 80's

Regards,

Lee

BDBionic
    David Bowie could record the sound of his poop hitting the toilet water and I'd buy the album.
    He's awesome.

Originally posted by BDBionic
    David Bowie could record the sound of his poop hitting the toilet water and I'd buy the album.
    He's awesome.
    LOL although thats more a Yoko Ono single idea LOL

Regards,

Lee

Jasun
    "Little Wonder" would be more like 1998. I was in college that year. It was from "Earthling", which was that fucked up jungle/electronic album he did. He's one of those guys that I'll buy anything he does. Which means it's a bit of a drain on the wallet, what with about 12 special edition albums and triple disc reissues that have come out in the last year.

Ounique
    Originally posted by Lee
    LOL although thats more a Yoko Ono single idea LOL

Regards,

Lee
    Don'cha be rippin' on my woman, Yoho Ono, Lee. I'm gonna have to get all "Aye-ey-ey-ey-ey!!!" on ya. :whip:

Jasun
    I used to be a music critic on a Canadian Cable show that was taped here in Toronto a few years back. EMI had re-released Double Fantasy with two bonus tracks on it, and I got hate mail for starting my review by saying "Imagine if you will, a song so horrible, it got left OFF of Double Fantasy the first time around" and then followed up by saying that Sean Lennon's new album was so wreched that "It's obvious he got all his talent from his mother".

I actually like Yoko Ono, but I mean really, although I see the artistic merit of breaking glass on the floor while screaming, was it REALLY necessary to break up the Beatles, too?

Tyler
    I think I wore out about 5 copies of Scary Monsters on vinyl back in the day.
    Scary Monsters is one of my all time favourite albums... stands the test of time with flying colors. "Fashion" with the bass up really, really high is one of the best aural assualts ever, specially first thing in the morning. I actually have an old Yoko Ono techno single with her making puking sounds all the way through it. It's a must have for parties.:grin:

Jasun
    Originally posted by Tyler
    I actually have an old Yoko Ono techno single with her making puking sounds all the way through it.
    Yeah, I remember the B-side of Starting Over was called "Kiss Kiss Kiss" and it started out as a rather odd B-52's style song, and then it just had this congo beat while she had an orgasm. She's quite a screamer... hope the Dakota has thick walls.

Ounique
    Originally posted by Jasun
    Yeah, I remember the B-side of Starting Over was called "Kiss Kiss Kiss" and it started out as a rather odd B-52's style song, and then it just had this congo beat while she had an orgasm. She's quite a screamer... hope the Dakota has thick walls.

Was the song from your review called "Why?". That one's really out there. LOL!

The funny thing about "Kiss Kiss Kiss" is that John Lennon heard "Rock Lobster" by the B-52's on the radio and called Yoko saying that it was time to make a new album because the music on the radio was just like the stuff she was doing. The irony is that in Rock Lobster, they were making a lighthearted jab at Yoko's screaming vocals. LOL!