Thread: Do You Think It Matters When...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Do You Think It Matters When...

You update a members area?

What i mean is, have you noticed better results by updating over a weekend as oppose to a weekday?

Been talking to a few people over the last week or so and im hearing conflicting advice, some say that a weekend update on a Saturday is the way to go, others are saying that a Wednesday or Thursday update works best.

What have your folks experience been update wise with members areas? Right now we're updating on a Sunday but im guessing that by going to a Thursday or Friday update will be better as people who log in to the site purely at the weekends will see updates as if they were happening a lot more.

Of course, for members who log in towards the end of the week the updates are going to seem more stretched out.

So what are your thoughts on getting the 'perfect' day to update a paysites members area?

Regards,

Lee

if you put a day and date for the members to expect the next updates, you'll probably do fine. after all, if a guy logs in to check out the updates once per week, no matter what day of the week he logs in on, he should see an update if you really do it weekly.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    if you put a day and date for the members to expect the next updates, you'll probably do fine. after all, if a guy logs in to check out the updates once per week, no matter what day of the week he logs in on, he should see an update if you really do it weekly.
    Right but, if he logs in on Tuesday and the update happens on Monday, he isnt going to see anything for a whole week.

Right now, we're set for a weekend update and im guessing that probably isnt the best time for us to have the updates at the moment (based on traffic stats we seem to get more joins over the w/end) hence why im considering doing a weekday update instead of a Sunday update as we have now, this way, the members who join over the weekend, will actually get to physically 'see' an update during the week for as long as they have their membership.

I totally get what you are saying though, at the end of the day, a week is a week and as long as the update happens i doubt its really going to bother members too much. Im just trying to figure out when the best time is going to be for the update during the week LOL

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    I had a surfer e-mail me and compliment me on my site and says one of the first things he does on Friday nights is come to my site to see what's new. Now, I know one person a trend does not make, but I imagine there are a lot of people who keep their surfing to the weekends. Yes, I'm sure there are tons more who surf night and day, anytime.

I think if you were only updating once a week, then Thursday would probably be your optimal day. If you update during the day, you'll capture those people who don't mind staying up late on Thursday and being tired on Friday because Friday's are more relaxed. You'll get the rest of the Friday and weekend-only traffic, too.

By the same token, I found a Saturday update works pretty good for me because by the time the link lists pick my galleries up and start publishing, they're showing up early in the week, so I'm picking up link list traffic during a slower period.

Cheers,
    Michael

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Well, for me I set a date, so that people know no matter which day it falls on, that after that date they can see new instalments... and it works as I also tie it in with the newsletter.

When I had a paysite version happening, I kept it to the 7th, 14th, 21st, and 28th... so there were 4 updates per month, irrespective of when those dates fell, this allowed for people to know, 1. that there were regular updates, 2. when to expect them and adjust accordingly.

I think the problem with choosing a 'day' vs 'date' is simply it does add a sense of unfairness in the customer's eye. But if you promote it, that every 'x' day of the month or 'day' of the week, you'll find that most members will return shortly afterwards, it gives them a way to feel excited, to set a schedule and when tied it with a newsletter, works real good.

just my thoughts on it but it worked for me.
    Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

dalimili
    I too think that weekend updates are the best... I mean... at least from my point of view.

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    I found that if i mix it up
    some times sunday tuesday and friday
    or
    monday wensday and saturday

It's just so long as they get there updates, and you keep your members happy

Jesus was never married, ran around with twelve guys, and was betrayed by a kiss from another guy. Lippi's Avatar
    I did updates on Monday and Friday. So there always was new stuff at the beginning of the week and also for the weekend. It worked very fine for me.
    Have a nice day,
    Lippi :morning:

www.thebestboys.com