Thread: great niche site but not great content :(

great niche site but not great content :(

i just reviewed a site with really unique content but tiny videos. several have commented to me that this site retained poorly, and i couldn't figure out why. i mean, the site almost has the niche to itself. the full videos are 320x240 WMVs of average quality but the clips are MPGS so small they look like dialup videos - or postage stamps. when i watched them at 200% they were too blurry to really enjoy. WHAT a disappointment. and the site didn't have pics at all.

i think the owner has in mind to sell his videos with this site, but if he had good-sized good quality movies and made vidcaps of the videos before shrinking them so he could offer pics, he would enjoy plenty of monthly rebills as well. the unedited video section has over 150 hours of exclusive video - all too small to sit back and enjoy fully.

i wish site owners would realize they'll make more money than they'll spend if their videos are big enough to enjoy!

Dzinerbear
    Why don't you name him and help him out? Or at least send him an e-mail. I already know who it is and his site sells abundundantly well, but you're right, rebills aren't great. The last time we coached him on dumping his trial, he listened.

Michael

thetwink
    if it's the site I think you're talking about, you have to remember that he has shot his content over the span of almost 20 years, video technology wasn't at it's curent state til about 5 years ago. *shrug* but yeah, send him an e-mail.

thetwink - he could at least make the newer videos larger. and you're right - i am talking about workin men movies. a lot of other sites are putting up big movies these days, or at least putting up high enough quality movies that when you go to 200% they look good.

rhys
    so basschick when u find a site with problems like this one has how do you review it for gay demon?

i mean there are reviews and then there are reviews!

:kitten:

the thing i love about writing for gaydemon is his reviews are honest reviews. some review sites ask me to give a more positive spin on a site i know has some big issues. at gaydemon, if a site has 4 small and fuzzy videos, my reviews reflect that. i don't usually put it quite that bluntly, but i won't hide it. the entire reason people read site reviews is to know what to expect.

with a site like workin men movies, i will stress the niche because it is an outstanding and unusual one. but i also have to be honest because tricking surfers into joining paysites will NOT lead to retention and may lead to chargebacks. you can read the review here.

keep in mind that i'm not the only reviewer at gaydemon, and i generally have a more factual style unless something about a site really gets me going.

Quote Originally Posted by rhys
    so basschick when u find a site with problems like this one has how do you review it for gay demon?

i mean there are reviews and then there are reviews!

:kitten:

mgh397
    And do you help them? The sites/webmasters, I mean. Do you send them your review with tips on how to improve or something like that? That would be really helpfull.