Thread: I need your wisdom!

guyin310

I need your wisdom!

Hi,

I've been working on my sites for a couple of months now.

I don't have a lot of traffic, and I'm not making any money. I have some link exchanges which has help with the traffic, but not as much as I thought.

Can I make any money without original content? Right now I'm just doing affiliate stuff.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

graphicsbytia
    You can definitely make money with sponsor content. The one big drawback though is that when you use sponsor content, any site you build using it ties your site and your site's traffic to that sponsor.

Here's a scenario (and this actually happened to me a few times) You build a bunch of free sites using sponsor content. These sites are up on the net for a few years, then suddenly you start getting good search engine listings on them (search engines are always changing their algorithms) Now, the sites you built using this sponsor's content are not converting well, what do you do? As long as you're using their content, you have to promote their site. So, you build using new content? You can, but changing something on a well listed site isn't the best thing to do and could cost you your great listing.

Right now I have a ton of traffic I can send anywhere I like because I used content that belonged to me. Try to think down the road along with what's going to affect you immediately.

I'm sure others will come along and give you more advice, but I thought I'd add something that often times is overlooked.

Good luck with your empire guy