Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video exposes bullying in Britain’s Royal Marines

Hamilton Steele

Video exposes bullying in Britain’s Royal Marines

LONDON - Britain’s Royal Marines faced allegations of brutal bullying after a Sunday newspaper published what it called images of recruits stripped naked and subjected to violent abuse.

Read more here:
    http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayA...=theworld&col=

robin
    Hmmm the video is choppy, blurry, and pixelated...Oh well.

Really, the story shouldn't be surprising to anyone -- they're commandos and that's what commandos and those types of soldiers go through in the way of initiations the world over.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    Initiations ... nothing that's part of the official training ... either way it's idiocy in display

joneze
    Quote Originally Posted by robin
    Hmmm the video is choppy, blurry, and pixelated...Oh well.

Really, the story shouldn't be surprising to anyone -- they're commandos and that's what commandos and those types of soldiers go through in the way of initiations the world over.
    It's pretty common place and considered an honor to have gone through it.

an honor to be forced to look like a jerk in front of your fellows?

i used to get paid $300 per hour for doing some of this stuff to guys - but i was a dominatrix at the time, and the guys weren't forced to work every day with people who had seen them crawling naked on the floor.

Hamilton Steele
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    an honor to be forced to look like a jerk in front of your fellows?

i used to get paid $300 per hour for doing some of this stuff to guys - but i was a dominatrix at the time, and the guys weren't forced to work every day with people who had seen them crawling naked on the floor.
    You're completely correct.
    When I see crap like that, I just want to hang my head in shame. Can't believe they are what represents the west.

desslock
    hmmmm... I recall hasher bullying during episodes of Question Time at the House of Commons

Steve

dalimili
    30 naked men with hanging cocks fighting eachother and staring at eachother genitals.... if I didn't know better, I'd think it's mating game...

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    isn't the same thing happening with the us Marines, and navy seals to? I guess is you are into sm it wouldn't matter

robin
    Quote Originally Posted by joneze
    It's pretty common place and considered an honor to have gone through it.
    Yeah I know -- I went through very similar initiations.

thetwink
    I'm more concerned about that kick at the end, than anything else... the guy in the scrubs is an animal to have kicked him like that. damn

desslock
    Yeah well you know what?.... they are all volunteers. UK and the USA dropped military conscription decades ago.

So you know that is a difference between the west, and non western armies like China, Iran or Egypt who draft their armies.

Steve

Hamilton Steele
    Quote Originally Posted by desslock
    Yeah well you know what?.... they are all volunteers. UK and the USA dropped military conscription decades ago.

So you know that is a difference between the west, and non western armies like China, Iran or Egypt who draft their armies.

Steve

Umm am I missing something?
    What does this have to do with them acting like animals?

But on that note I was thinking. If they do this to each other and they are supposed to be on the same team.

What are they doing to the "enemy" and "civilians" that get in their way.

No wonder there is so much talk about using white phospher on civilians, etc.

Flame me if you want but I don't doubt for 2 seconds that what is currently going on in Iraq is worse than it was under Sadam. Videos like this are proof that psychotics are in control over there.

desslock
    Why would I flame you? I am so inflammable that I refused to flame the UK military for its behaviour. For me to then go and criticize your behaviour would be odd.

Frankly, what is any different with your judgement over the Royal Marines than that of another individual getting upset over somebody smoking cigarettes, and disapproving of what they do to their own bodies?

How is your attitude any different from an individual morally opposed to abortion looking at a woman choosing to undergo such a proceedure?

But that is an aside. I see very clear differences between the armies of the UK and the US, and that of say the Saddam Hussein army of Iraq. Amongst other things, tyrannies have to draft their military forces. We do not.

Have you seen the movie Capote? It's quite good. The most moving part is the movie's end. Here, a Breakfast at Tiffaney's socialite from the Upper West Side leaves the shelter of the borough, travels to Kansas and looks in the face of a brutal killer. That was reality, in cold blood.

Perhaps the war in Iraq is like capital punishment.... a difficult decision full of pros and cons, but perhaps the only final answer to stopping a dangerous, rougue government.

Steve

steve, being a little older than you, i remember clearly when the u.s. had to draft their military persons. not only that, there are guys whose terms were over who haven't been allowed to leave iraq - a large number of them. the reason, according to the pentagon, is that the u.s. is not able to get enough new recruits.