Thread: Gay Marriage. For it or against it?

TopBucks_Juan

Gay Marriage. For it or against it?

Dear Friends,

I believe that ALL Americans, including gays and lesbians, deserve the rights, responsibilities, and privileges that come with marriage. And right now, we have an unprecedented opportunity to make that dream a reality. Please, join me in adding your voice to a million voices raised in support of civil marriage for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender couples at www.MillionForMarriage.org

This week, it's especially important that we reach 200,000 signatures - right-wing extremists are lobbying Congress right now during their so-called "Marriage Protection Week." Please, help drown out their anti-GLBT voices!

Juan Figueroa
    Last edited by TopBucks_Juan; 03-08-2004 at 04:01 PM.

Jason
    rock on, worthy cause....let us know when the site works.

BDBionic
    Works fine. Just take the "." out of the URL and you're all set. :groovy:

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    Everyone over at SpankyCash signed it.
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>

TopBucks_Juan

Million For Marriage

Ok the link should work now. Sorry about that.

www.MillionForMarriage.org

i don't have time to read everything on the site, but i did read the first page and a couple other pages, and i didn't see what would be done with the petition. who will it be given to? has someone affiliated with this site talked with a senator or congress person?

just sending this to the white house won't do a thing. maybe using it on the news will. but if there is someone in the political machine willing to introduce it, that would be of value.

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Originally posted by basschick
    i don't have time to read everything on the site, but i did read the first page and a couple other pages, and i didn't see what would be done with the petition. who will it be given to? has someone affiliated with this site talked with a senator or congress person?

just sending this to the white house won't do a thing. maybe using it on the news will. but if there is someone in the political machine willing to introduce it, that would be of value.
    Hey basschick.

The HRC (Human Rights Campaign) is one of the largest GLBT lobbyist groups for our community. It's their petition.

GA

Kath
    I signed it and had hub sign it as well.

Also - check out the Banners & Posters link @ the bottom of the page. It has banners & buttons that you can use in your sig-line. I added the text link to my outgoing emails (hope that's OK with my bosses!) - hopefully we can get more signatures. It was still under 400k when I signed.

Here's the text link so folks can add this to their email proggies really quick...

Do you support the right of every American,
    including GLBT people, to marriage equality?
    Sign the petition! Click here:
    http://www.MillionForMarriage.org

Great petition - thank you for posting! Glad to do something to help even if it's just my signature. This whole thing has been making me sick - I can't believe this has gone so far...

Keep us posted if you hear anything about the petition & what happens with it....

HeatherF

Yeah

Ok, I'm a little slow at posting on here. No wait, I think this is my first post on GWW, cool.
    Yes, I signed it.
    It should be allowed and should have never been questioned in the first place. Gay's are people too. They are no different then any other person in this world.

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Originally posted by HeatherF
    Ok, I'm a little slow at posting on here. No wait, I think this is my first post on GWW, cool.
    Yes, I signed it.
    It should be allowed and should have never been questioned in the first place. Gay's are people too. They are no different then any other person in this world.
    Welcome 'officially' Heather. And such a worthwhile post too

Hope to see you around more!

My best,
    Gary-Alan