Thread: Do Not Honor - Main Cause Of Declines?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Do Not Honor - Main Cause Of Declines?

So ive just been checking my decline stats on Condom Cash for the last two weeks and im seeing a fair amount of declines with the reason 'Do Not Honor' in the CCBill Webadmin system.

Does anyone know what causes a do not honor decline? I presume its someone trying to use a stolen card?

What other types of decline reasons are there and, what do they actually mean? As in, can i tell if those DNH declines were because of the card being over its limit or, if surfers did try to join using a stolen Visa card?

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    So ive just been checking my decline stats on Condom Cash for the last two weeks and im seeing a fair amount of declines with the reason 'Do Not Honor' in the CCBill Webadmin system.

Does anyone know what causes a do not honor decline? I presume its someone trying to use a stolen card?

What other types of decline reasons are there and, what do they actually mean? As in, can i tell if those DNH declines were because of the card being over its limit or, if surfers did try to join using a stolen Visa card?

Regards,

Lee
    Just a guess, but could also mean that the card holder has a record for requesting chargebacks...
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

I'm not gay; I'm British!
    Hi!

Maybe email CCBill and asking if their system is throwing the `Do Not Honor' or is the bank?

If their system is then it's probably because of chargebacks etc, but if the bank is it could be just the generic `Overlimit - Stolen etc etc' response.

I know if I try a transaction at a merchant face to face here it comes back as `Not Approved' usually because I selected Savings instead of Checking etc!

Ernie

Slade
    Or..they may just not take that particular card..likes a sears card or something.

My guess is that various banks reply with various codes. I've seen "over limit", "insufficient funds", and a few other reasons, but usually "do not honor" seems to be a default response, and is reported that way.

I know a problem child member of mine who is notorious for signing up and then refunding got a "do not honor" decline the other day-- it very well might be the response for someone in the ccbill negative card database.

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by Slade
    Or..they may just not take that particular card..likes a sears card or something.

Wuh, SimpsonSears not accepted... next they'll tell me I can not redeem my ClubZ points!

I'm a farmhand on your dad's rooster ranch. haganxy's Avatar
    i'm not sure what the CCBill "Do Not Honor" decline message means, but from my days back at 2000Charge, the most common reasons for decline are:

blacklisted country (Thailand, Vietnam, Albania, Turkey, etc.)
    previous chargeback
    insufficient funds
    invalid CVV2
    invalid postal/zip code

that covered about 90% of all the declines we had
    hagan - IT nerd
    PrideBucks.com