Thread: Fonts For Logos - Where / How Do You Choose Them?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Fonts For Logos - Where / How Do You Choose Them?

Just wondered how you folks went about finding and, more importantly, choosing a font for a specific niche of site and its logo?

By that, what i mean is, say you have a bear niche site, what sort of font would you use for the sites logo?

Does anyone know if there is a list of font names / niches that they could be used for?

I have to admit, choosing fonts to use on logos isnt something im generally good at but id be interested in learning how you folks went about doing it.

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Well interesting, never thought about different fonts for different niches. Personally I'd be more inclined to go with what is clearly legible rather than what might or might not suit a niche.. fancy smancy is nice but if the surfer has to squint or try to decypher it, not going to get click thrus... how you work images, color is perhaps more important than the fancy font style.

but hell, just my take on it.
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

SLS
    Scorpio is the absolute king of taking the perfect font for a specific logo, then really dressing it up with his own effects. I would do whatever I could to get him to design the logo for me, but if I couldn't then he's definately who I would ask for advice about it. Plus Bec is definately an expert at clean, crisp logos that stand out and are easy to read from across a room. I hope they both have some input, cause I for one kinda suck at choosing fonts and designing logos.

robin
    I spend hours choosing the font for new site logos. I can't remember how many fonts I have but It's a fair sized selection.

Hmmm not sure what I'd use for a bear site because I have to play with the fonts the fill colors and the sizes first.