Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howard's last day

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar

Howard's last day

For those of you fans out there, today is Howard Stern's last day on terrestrial radio... and the first day of a new tomorow in broadcasting.

Do a shot in his honor. My shot if choice is jagermeister. What's yours?

*raises glass*

Cheers!

Rocky
    AIM: EonFilmsSDiego
    AIM Mobile: BeachBoiSDiego
    Yahoo: sandiegoartpunk
    MSN Messenger: beachboi4free@hotmail.com
    Phone: 619-944-6383
    MySpace: www.myspace.com/eonfilms & www.myspace.com/mynameisrocky

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    i wonder what's it going to be like for Stern once the buzz about him going to satellite wears off in a few weeks.

$12/month for one unit seems kinda steep, or maybe i'm too used to free FM radio. Not that I listen to it that much anyways

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar
    I pay $35 a month for HBO and other premium channels... I have Sirius and I will NEVER go back to regular radio. Howard isn't even on yet and I'm hooked. I can listen to what I want, when i want, for whatever mood I am in. It's amazing.

If you don't have satellite radio (even if it's XM instead of Sirius), I urge you to get it. it's worth the pocket cange.

Rocky

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Jigg,

I urge you to get Sirius too.. Itll do wonders for the stock price

In all seriousness though, i half-expected their share prices to rise today instead, they have gone down.

Still, analysts are still saying these stocks will hit between $9-$12 before YE

Regards,

Lee

I feel used ... Lee wants me join Sirius to hike their stock price so he can make money

Shame on you :whip:

I dont listen that much to radio, if at all.

Do they have any local channels?
    If they do I might reconsidering since radio coverage sucked during Hurricane Wilma with all the fucking ads that ran over TV stations doing updates on water and what not.

Xstr8guy
    Why-oh-why did Air America Radio sign an exclusive with XM? I was going to get Sirius for Howard but them XM scooped up AAR. Now I don't know what to do. I'm certainly not going to get both!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    Why-oh-why did Air America Radio sign an exclusive with XM? I was going to get Sirius for Howard but them XM scooped up AAR. Now I don't know what to do. I'm certainly not going to get both!
    Sirius is where its all at

Although to be fair, i prefer listening to the regular radio in the office.

Regards,

Lee

I've heard Air America on Sirius. When did they goto XM???

And I get local traffic and weather and sports on Sirius. It is really a good deal. Try it. It doesn't cost much, an dif you don't liek it, you're outa few bucks.

But I guarantee you'll love it.

Rocky

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by EonFilms_Rocky
    I've heard Air America on Sirius. When did they goto XM???
    I must have been 2 months ago, or so.

Btw, does Sirius have better looking receivers now? Early this year when Howard announced his move to Sirius, I shopped around and every Sirius receiver I saw was so butt-ugly and cheap looking. XM's receivers were head-and-shoulders above Sirius in appearance.

Not sure. i ahve it in my car and my stereo came sirius equipped.

Rocy

is the AirAmerica on Sirius exclusive or re-broadcast?
    cause you can go on their site and stream them

which reminds me to tune Randy Rhodes now. She's wild

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by jIgG
    is the AirAmerica on Sirius exclusive or re-broadcast?
    cause you can go on their site and stream them

which reminds me to tune Randy Rhodes now. She's wild
    Air America is a satellite exclusive to XM now. I do listen to AAR online and I'm a huge Randi fan. She's far more provocative than Howard even... but in a different way. AAR is even broadcast on an AM station here in Dallas (of all places!) but they don't broadcast Randi's show. They play some guy from Seattle instead that is far less controversial than Randi.

guyin310

Hello Howard!

I've had Sirius for about a year and a half. Except for when I listen to the Stern show, I never listen to my AM/FM stereo.

There is a gay station on Sirius, but Derrick and Romaine Show is the only show to listen to, and it's not great; however, they're better than the rest of the shows.

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. Northstar's Avatar
    I have had Sirius radio for just over a year and I love it. I live in a semi rural area with not mainly FM station to choose from so satellite radio is a blessing. I don't know if I will listen to Howard Stren or not since sometimes he seems too homophobic to me. I love OutQ the gay station on Sirius. I listen to Frank Decaro and The Derrick and Romaine Show. For music Alt Nation is the best. The only thing is I think the price is a little high for satellite radio. If you have more then one receiver it adds up fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar
    I have had Sirius radio for just over a year and I love it. I live in a semi rural area with not mainly FM station to choose from so satellite radio is a blessing. I don't know if I will listen to Howard Stren or not since sometimes he seems too homophobic to me. I love OutQ the gay station on Sirius. I listen to Frank Decaro and The Derrick and Romaine Show. For music Alt Nation is the best. The only thing is I think the price is a little high for satellite radio. If you have more then one receiver it adds up fast.
    Howard actually is not homophobic at all. He is very supportive of the gay community and of gay marriage. He comes across as homophobic because his audience is 95% hetero males. Artie is more hetero than he is, and even HE has to pony up to trying to get the Queer Eye guys to fuck him when he was drunk.

:-p

Rocky