Thread: What a apin!

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar

What a apin!

What a pain in the butt!

Over the last 3 months we have been getting phone calls from
    514-958-0000
    Or
    514-958-0001
    It’s a fax machine. When you let your own fax pick up, there’s hangs up. If you go to star 57 it comes up can’t trace call. The thing is my lover gets calls from over seas, and lots of times it comes up out of area or no number at all. So we have to answer it.
    I’ve called the phone company about 50 times over this and they can’t do anything to help out or find the company that is doing it! Talk about your spammer who has gone wild. The funny thing is there are hundreds of web sites and thousands of threads all about this phone number.
    What gets me is, with all the brain power at AT&T, version ,and optonline.net no one can come up with a way to block this number at there central office.
    I hope no one else gets on there calling list! any ideas at all?:mental: :mental: :mental: :mental:

Madame0120
    Can't you block #s?

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    Ive set up the blocker on line, so thats all I can do. They still come in even throw the blocker optonline has

Fetishlady
    i have the same experience and the number starts with 727 and i think it's from florida..every time i pick up the phone it hangs up then when i call them back the number is busy. WEIRD

fetishlady
    what did you do? Did they just stop?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    This sounds suspiciously like an illegal operation I was having some issues with a year back. They did telephone and fax spamming.

The guy that owns the operation has huge contract call and fax centers, faxes come from Canada, call center is in Florida. They were pushing a bunch of crap, but mostly bogus vacation trips. The phone messages were almost always nearly identical, and started with some woman's voice saying "Congratulations! You've just won __________________ (some bullshit vacation package)" then some long pitch, then "Congratulations. Press 0 to be connected to an operator, or 4 to be connected to the "emergency do-not-call" list." If it got an answering machine, it left a slightly different message inviting you to call a tollfree number.

The tipoff was the use of the phrase "emergency do-not call". The recordings varied, but they always mentioned the "emergency" do not call list. Since when is getting added to a do-not-call an emergency? (Adding one's number to this list didn't work in any case.)

Around the same time, I was also getting bunches of faxes with similar vacation promotions, similar wording, and the same tollfree number.

After getting dozens of calls over a couple of months, I finally got so incensed with the people that I called the tollfree about 2 dozen times until I got somebody that gave me the call center manager. I badgered her sufficiently until she, in turn, gave me a number of what turned out to be one of those business suite-by-the-hour places somewhere in Quebec. The manager there indicated that the whole operation was apparently a one-man show, a guy, James Atwood, that lived somewhere in the US, but had opened up the Canadian "office" so he could claim the company was in Canada and therefore not subject to US do-not-call restrictions. Apparently I was absolutely not to have been given the number of the Canadian place, because the woman I spoke with was totally "deer in the headlights." Mysteriously, after my call to her, all the calls and faxes stopped.

Here's some information on them:

FCC Enforcement Bureau file #EB-03-TC-003
    Published 11 Mar 2003
    Adapted from http://www.fcc.gov/eb/Orders/2003/DOC-231937A1.html.
    PDF version at http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...C-231937A1.pdf.

FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSIONWASHINGTON, D.C. 20554

March 11, 2003

Express Consolidation, Inc.
    413 - N.E. 3rd Street
    Delray Beach, Florida 33483
    Attn: Randall L. Leshin, Esq., President/Dir.

Express Consolidation, Inc.
    506 N.E. 5th Avenue
    Delray Beach, Florida 33483
    Attn: Randall L. Leshin, Esq., President/Dir.

Delray Funding Corporation 1
    504 N.E. 5th Avenue
    Delray Beach, Florida 33483-5600
    Attn: James J. Atwood, President
    Tom Eichas, Chmn. of Board
    Rick Fletcher
    Randall L. Leshin, Esq. Agent

Randall L. Leshin, Esq.
    1921 E. Atlantic Boulevard
    Pompano Beach, Florida 33060-6651
    RE: EB-03-TC-003

Dear Correspondents:

This is an official CITATION issued pursuant to section 503(5) of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended (the Act), for violations of the Act and the Federal Communications Commission's rules that govern telephone solicitation.2

It has come to our attention that your company has delivered one or more prerecorded unsolicited advertisements to residential telephone lines (see attachment). The Act and the Commission's rules prohibit transmission of unsolicited advertisements through prerecorded messages to residential telephone lines except under the very limited circumstances described in the rules.3 The term ``unsolicited advertisement'' is defined in the Communications Act and the Commission's rules as ``any material advertising the commercial availability or quality of any property, goods, or services which is transmitted to any person without that person's prior express invitation or permission.''4 The attached information provided to the Commission indicates that your company delivered such unsolicited advertisements, through prerecorded messages, to one or more residential telephone subscribers who do not have an established business relationship with your company and had not expressly invited or authorized the call(s). Those actions violate section 64.1200(a)(2) of the Commission's rules.

Separately, it appears that your company may have violated other Commission rules governing prerecorded messages and telephone solicitation. Under section 64.1200(e)(2)(iv), any telephone solicitation - whether live or prerecorded - must provide the called party with the name of the individual caller, the name of the person or entity on whose behalf the call is being made, and an address or telephone number (which may not be for an autodialer or prerecorded message player) at which the person or entity may be contacted.5 According to the attached information received by the Commission, it appears that your telephone solicitation did not contain all the required information.

Please be advised that subsequent violations of the Communications Act or of the Commission's rules of the type described herein may result in the imposition of monetary forfeitures not to exceed $11,000 for each such violation or each day of a continuing violation. 6

Pursuant to section 503(cool.gif(5) of the Communications Act, you may request a personal interview at the Commission's Field Office nearest to your place of business. The nearest office appears to be the Tampa Office at 2203 North Lois Avenue, Suite 1215, Tampa, Florida 33607-2356, which you can contact by telephone at (813) 348-1741. You must schedule this interview to take place within 21 days of the date of this citation. Alternatively, you may submit a written statement to the following address within 21 days of the date of this citation:

If you want to find out more about 514-958-0000 you can call Randal L Leshin @ 954-941-9711. He is the chairman of Express Cosolidated , the company that is making all the calls that have 514-958-0000 on thier call display. Express your concerns and maybe he will stop.

In your case, my guess is that for some reason their electronic fax-out system can't connect to your fax machine (I have that sometimes with faxes trying to call our electronic inbound fax) and so it is just trying to continuously call you over and over. I'd try calling this guy and see if it gets you anywhere. I no longer can find the number of the office suite place in Canada.

Thanks

Chip

Hi boyfunk

I wish my fax machine would print something out. I’m on the no call list and I could turn over the faxes and get some money out of it. But, nothing.
    From doing more searches and reading I found the company, and they know they are doing wrong.
    1-888-589-7901
    They say they will remove my name, ya right.

EonFilms_Josh
    Quote Originally Posted by ponyboy
    Hi boyfunk

I wish my fax machine would print something out. I’m on the no call list and I could turn over the faxes and get some money out of it. But, nothing.
    From doing more searches and reading I found the company, and they know they are doing wrong.
    1-888-589-7901
    They say they will remove my name, ya right.
    have u tried faxing them anything?

since I called the 888 number all calls have stopped