Thread: High Quality DVD Screen Caps?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

High Quality DVD Screen Caps?

Just wondered what methods you folks were using to get screen grabs from DVDs that are of a really high quality?

Right now, im having some trouble getting grabs that dont look all fuzzy directly off the disk itself, anyone got any suggested programs or tips on how i can improve the look of these grabs?

Regards,

Lee

KellyTaylor
    You know I have a great tool for this! Ulead Dvd Workshop 2! You can capture the screen in pretty good quality~~~ YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO STOP THE VIDEO AT ALL.. It is very responsive you you just keep clicking everytime you see what you want ~!! It is really cooll .. Quick and easy and plus it puts them out in a pretty big format! there like 400k Jpegs which is really cool and you can adjust how they come out!! It doesnt even change the speed ... My favorite thing to do this with for sure and I have used many other methods!
    '

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work. webnet's Avatar
    Ulead Video Studio 9
    screen caps, video edit, video convert ....

KellyTaylor
    Yeah that is the cheaper version and I didnt know it did all that stuff... Or I would have bought that instead of paying 300/400 dollars for Ulead DVD Workshop 2 But is all good .. they are bolth good programs!!

Paco
    Straight from the .vob into Power DVD. At 1024x768 the images, .bmp format, are between 2500 & 3000 KB. Next, they are converted (originals are saved for future use for design or whatever) to .jpg format (a batch is used, but only after the quality of the first few are checked)and the result is around 400KB.

Screen caps in PowerDVD can be done 'on the fly' (as quick as you can depress a key), or while paused and scrolling frame by frame (one or multiple).

IMHO, doing screen caps done manually in Premiere is hard on a system (a serious resource hog) and very time consuming, also the outcome or result is no better.

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco
    Straight from the .vob into Power DVD. At 1024x768 the images, .bmp format, are between 2500 & 3000 KB.
    Gotta agree with you on that..grab those vob files and get the BEST pic possible that way.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco
    Straight from the .vob into Power DVD. At 1024x768 the images, .bmp format, are between 2500 & 3000 KB.
    Thanks Paco. I tried PowerDVD and I loved the results. PowerDVD allowed me to take the large grabs but I had to do it by hand and the results were very good. But is there something similar that can take LARGE captures in batches. I'd rather edit out the bad grabs than do them all by hand.

Essentialy, what I'd like is software that will take a VOB, let me select a high resolution, deinterlace the video, set a timer to take captures and save into a folder. Is there anything with all of these features?

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    Thanks Paco. I tried PowerDVD and I loved the results. PowerDVD allowed me to take the large grabs but I had to do it by hand and the results were very good. But is there something similar that can take LARGE captures in batches. I'd rather edit out the bad grabs than do them all by hand.
    Essentialy, what I'd like is software that will take a VOB, let me select a high resolution, deinterlace the video, set a timer to take captures and save into a folder. Is there anything with all of these features?
    I am glad you tried the software - I simply love it!

Hun, I am sorry that I am incapable of providing you with the beastie you so desire.