Thread: Paysites advertising other sites in their tour

BDBionic

Paysites advertising other sites in their tour

Now I'm all for maximizing earning potential but...

I am so suprised by the number of paysites (even very large ones) out there that have tours jampacked full of banner ads promoting other websites. I mean I can see the site owner deciding to try and earn some money off of traffic that doesn't join up to their own site but when you have an outbound link on the 1st, 2nd, whatever prominent page of your tour, how are you even giving the person a chance to actually join your site?

Is the money made off of these banners promoting other paysites:

- greater than they'd make if they made more of an effort to funnel people in to their own join page
    - greater than they'd make if they didn't scare off affiliates with these traffic leaks

?

I can't imagine so.

Further, when I'm running around looking to promote sites, not only do I not much like the idea of sending someone traffic that they then reroute to somewhere else that I won't get credit for any sales on, but I also can't help but think "If this sponsor is promoting that site and would rather send traffic there than to his own join page, that site must be better than his" and I'll sign up for the other guy's program instead. .

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    - greater than they'd make if they made more of an effort to funnel people in to their own join page
    Yes.

Most of the time, i see this happening on sites that offer 50-75% revshare and the other sponsors sites they promote are primarily PPS paying out $35-40 per trial $2.95 signup LOL

- greater than they'd make if they didn't scare off affiliates with these traffic leaks
    Yes ().

Lets not forget that for the most part, affiliates are greedy, they want the moon on a stick however, some of us arent, those affiliates who will blindly send traffic to a program based on the people who own the program and how many drinks / parties the program owners have hosted / sponsored actually subsidize their own payouts by losing out on potential sales themselves.

Im personally of the beleif that if you offer revshare you really shouldnt have any leaks on a sites tour, upsells inside a members area, im fine with, up to a point. But, definately not on the tour pages that I am sending traffic to.

Just another reason why we should all be checking sponsors tours before we signup, after we have signed up and, regularly every month once we start sending traffic.

Regards,

Lee

Doctor Dre
    That's what happen when the PPS system gets pushed soo much that the profits margin are small enough to put another site on your own. Affiliates ask too much from the program owners

most of the people/programs i know who do that are simply unknowlegeable.

years ago - around 8 of them - we made our first paysite. we had a couple links to other sites on it and the site wasn't selling too badly but it seemed it could have done better. someone with some successful paysites who i knew told me that we would see a large increase in sales if we worked harder to get those surfers to our own join page rather than to other people's - so we tried it and it was true.

i mostly see this with amateur site owners where one look tells you that these aren't full time webmasters. it's most common on verotel sites. when i wrote the owners and asked for a leak-free tour link, they basically told me they would lose money if i promoted their sites - that 50% really disturbed them. after pointing out to them that 50% of $5000 was more than 0% of nothing, i moved on to sites that respected my traffic

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    I personally would never put up something to take a sale away on the tour pages. I am also surprised how many banners and ads I see in members sections as well. I have seen some members sections with their top sections that are just going to other sites so they can spend more money. I guess I am doing everything wrong but actually trying to keep the surfer happy and not bombard them with ads.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

Some sites that do this are looking long term... But I won't get too much into that.

We recently converted one site to heavily promote other sites and almost immediately increased our revenue many times over without loosing any of its direct or affiliate sales. It's been so successful that we are now starteing to do the same thing on the straight side.

I think when done properly it can definitely be a huge boost.

On one of our other sites we promote other related sites not so heavily but enough so that it generates a decent amount of revenue. Plus the sales we've been seeing off our exit traffic to related sites is a huge boost.

Competition is great especially when its mutually beneficial.

Camper than a row of tents
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth
    We recently converted one site to heavily promote other sites and almost immediately increased our revenue many times over without loosing any of its direct or affiliate sales.
    I noticed one of your sites has a link to Corbin Fisher among other sites. Let's consider that I was an affiliate of yours, and I was promoting Corbin Fisher myself on the same site I send you my traffic.

If my traffic doesn't like your site, they back out and return to mine where I can continue pitching them various sites, including Corbin Fisher.

But I can't do that if you've already sent them there yourself.

What is your response to this viewpoint?
    I post here to whore this sig.

Paco
    I believe IF one must cross-promote from a tour, it is something which should be reserved to the last page.
    I am not a fan of inundating visitors with ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 26z
    I noticed one of your sites has a link to Corbin Fisher among other sites. Let's consider that I was an affiliate of yours, and I was promoting Corbin Fisher myself on the same site I send you my traffic.

If my traffic doesn't like your site, they back out and return to mine where I can continue pitching them various sites, including Corbin Fisher.

But I can't do that if you've already sent them there yourself.

What is your response to this viewpoint?

If you are sending traffic to our site using the correct affiliate code, the surfer will never see the links you mentioned.

Camper than a row of tents
    If you are sending traffic to our site using the correct affiliate code, the surfer will never see the links you mentioned.
    Alright, good deal then.

Most sponsors promoting other sponsors do not disable the ads for affiliate traffic. Although most of the sites doing this tend to be quite small.
    I post here to whore this sig.

that's cool - most sponsors that do this basically use their affiliates traffic for their own sales without paying us for it.

still, makes me wonder how well your site sells and/or retains that you make more money sending the traffic away rather than keeping it...

Madame0120
    No Matter who I am doing business with, no matter how good a reputation, or how big a name, I won't EVER sign up for ANY cash program that does not reply to my first e-mail and thus assuring I am actually doing business with THAT company.

One of our partners is now in charge of running all our links on a weekly basis, and making sure our traffic is going where it should be, and not misdirected to some other site, or cash program.

:hmmph: