Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOL - 'You Cant Afford Our Feeds'

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

LOL - 'You Cant Afford Our Feeds'

Thats what i was just told by one of the feed providers LOL

Ah well, next on the list is Webmaster Central

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    Haha! I got the same reaction when I asked a BIG feed provider if I could try their feeds on my Video AEN sites. I was willing to make a rather large investment for the first month to see what kind of bandwidth that I would use. But they refused to experiment with me to see if it was a viable option.

Let's compare notes.

TopBucks_Juan
    Geez I hope that it wasn't us over here at PlugInFeeds that has turn anyone down?!

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by TopBucks_Juan
    Geez I hope that it wasn't us over here at PlugInFeeds that has turn anyone down?!
    Nope... wasn't you.

can't afford their feeds? what kind of marketing is that?!?!?!

most feed providers try and convince me that we CAN afford their feeds...

TopBucks_Juan
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    Nope... wasn't you.
    Cool, I know I would never turn anyone down like that.

Xstr8guy
    And you know what is strange? Their feeds aren't priced higher than other programs. I think their marketing guy is a bit of a snob, that's all.

Come to think of it, he may not be the marketing guy but someone higher up... if you know what I mean. Maybe they NEED a marketing guy or perhaps they just don't want to grow the program.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    Come to think of it, he may not be the marketing guy but someone higher up... if you know what I mean. Maybe they NEED a marketing guy or perhaps they just don't want to grow the program.
    Jeez, I'm quoting myself, .

What's really fucked up... they are marketing feeds in partnership with several other producers. I wonder if these other companies know that this particular feed provider is limiting their potential growth?

Paco
    Lee - I am sorry to hear that. I always believed our industry had some truly arrogant folk 'workin' it and that reply confirms it.

If it was merely one of their sales reps that provided you with that answer, and you really want their product/feeds, I'd suggest forwarding the reply to the owners... I am sure they would love a chuckle before the festive season, and too hand out some holiday cheer, on a pink piece of paper.

Oh I do wish the bigger forums maintained a 'Shit List' section, like some of the small fries have.

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    Switch on over to us! You can afford our feeds
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveTwinksCam
    Switch on over to us! You can afford our feeds
    :thumbsup: Awesome job Jacob... you go!

Pay attention clowns (referring to whomever provided Lee with th@ stupid asshat response) ... grab your notepad and pencil and take notes on how to properly sell feeds.

Ok, so fess up - who had the stupidity and balls to say that you can't afford them?

BritishTwinks
    Ha! It sounds like someone only did half the sales course.

It's great to pre-empt and inoculate against "actually, you know what, they're great feeds but I just don't wanna spend that much..." but it sounds like his clumsy strategy lost him the sale anyway. :wacko:

Xstr8guy
    You know, I can understand why I was rejected... it was something outside the box for them. I guess they just didn't want to try something different.

But to turn down Lee who is just starting a potentially big affiliate program... that's just plain dumb. What on earth would make them think that he couldn't afford them? Heck, I bet they have even inquired about advertising on this board.

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco
    :thumbsup: Awesome job Jacob... you go!

Pay attention clowns (referring to whomever provided Lee with th@ stupid asshat response) ... grab your notepad and pencil and take notes on how to properly sell feeds.
    Thanks Paco!
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html