Thread: Web Cams

KellyTaylor

Web Cams

Ok so Im going to be doing a live webcam off of my site.. And I would like to know what company or software or any suggestions you guys would have on this?!? Please let me know what you think is the best options and your complete opinions.. Im sure that my boss already know the awnser to these but I always like options and to see whatever one else thinks as well..

Please get back to me about this sooner than later is important!! :pimp:

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    Save your money and resources and just lease out our feeds. Your members may get bored with just you on cam. I mean your site is all about you and so is the cam, even though you are great, you may want variety to keep retention up. The biggest way to keep retention up is by adding things like voyeur cam. Keeps things fresh and interesting. Hope this info helps babe!
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

i strongly disagree. while having extra content like plugins could be useful to keep your members happy, the members who bought a membership to see you want to see you. there are a lot of str8 single girl sites, and the members like to talk with the models, to get to know them. and the more they can do this, the better the sites retain.

after all, you can always bring in special guests for variety

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    From a user point of view I would agree with Basschick.

It makes more sense to me that a solo site is just about one person - nothing to distract "attention".

DEVELISH

If you're gonna be doing something simple, like a weekly live cam show, I'd probably suggest windows media server. Good quality, you can protect it pretty well with DRM, and you can archive the live shows easily for 2257 compliance and add them to your site so people can watch them later.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Have to agree with Basschick as well. If this site is about you then that is what it should be. I'd only caution that if you post a schedule, make darn sure you can keep to it, no matter what. And keep in mind its a whole lot easier to add times than it is to remove scheduled shows, so start off slowly... until you can gauge the work involved and how it is received... if you start with one show a night you could get overwhelmed... easier to start with one a week and add than it is to subtract...

my pennies worth
    Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

CamZ_Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyTaylor
    Ok so Im going to be doing a live webcam off of my site.. And I would like to know what company or software or any suggestions you guys would have on this?!? Please let me know what you think is the best options and your complete opinions.. Im sure that my boss already know the awnser to these but I always like options and to see whatever one else thinks as well..

Please get back to me about this sooner than later is important!! :pimp:
    We would love to have you on GayCamZ. we do not have a lot of male performers and are looking to expand it. We have the solution in place for you to not only do your shows but have access to what shows we do have. We also take care of all of the 2257 requirments and add traffic to your site. we have a very simple walk through to make getting set up very easy.

Please feel free to drop me a note anytime dan @ CamZ.com

Peace and a merry christmas to everyone.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Kelly,

Id seriously consider getting in touch with Dan, he's trustable and a nice guy to boot and has been in the cam biz for what seems like eons

Regards,

Lee

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    Damn I was trying to make a sell! You all messed it up! hehehe. Just kidding.. ((hugs))
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

KellyTaylor
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveTwinksCam
    Damn I was trying to make a sell! You all messed it up! hehehe. Just kidding.. ((hugs))
    Hey where suppose to be friends and it is christmas.. LOL..

Thanks Basschick and Lee.. and everyone else.. I think the solo cam will be cool and I want one bad and I think it will help me get more users and retain them as it will be more personal with me and they will be able to chat as well....etc.....etc....

Gaystoryman I totally agree with you and my schedule is going to be once a week for sure.. LOL nothing more nothing less .. for right now Im a very busy guy.. LOL I dont think I have the time to do that,,, HEHEH LIVE FROM VEGAS
    :beauty:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WIIIEEE :wtf:

HAHAHA Anyways thanks you guys and I will get intouch with dan and see what it is all about.. I appreciate all the help guys.. you rock my sock! Happy christmas and love ya all much!!:thumbsup:

CamZ_Dan
    Hey where suppose to be friends and it is christmas.. LOL..

Thanks Basschick and Lee.. and everyone else.. I think the solo cam will be cool and I want one bad and I think it will help me get more users and retain them as it will be more personal with me and they will be able to chat as well....etc.....etc....

Gaystoryman I totally agree with you and my schedule is going to be once a week for sure.. LOL nothing more nothing less .. for right now Im a very busy guy.. LOL I dont think I have the time to do that,,, HEHEH LIVE FROM VEGAS

HAHAHA Anyways thanks you guys and I will get intouch with dan and see what it is all about.. I appreciate all the help guys.. you rock my sock! Happy christmas and love ya all much!!:thumbsup:
    I certainly agree that there is a great benefit to doing shows for your members that is what CamZ is built on, Amateurs doing one hour long shows once a week. We have the solution for you.

I also do not want to take away from the value of the plug in. The more the merrier for your members however the true value to a solo/ personality based website is in direct interactive content with the performer and that is where we can serve you best. Our system was designed by amateurs for amateurs. Slater from www.Slaterreed.com has been a performer on our system since we started it and could maybe answer some questions as well.

Also as a performer on our network we offer free hosting of your site as well as other benies.

take care and whatever you decide we wish you well.

Camper than a row of tents
    One cam show a week isn't enough. I don't care how good your other content is, the cam chat will be the best thing about the site according to your members.

You could post a 3 hour long video of you in a 50 twink orgy, and they'll still tell you the cam chat is the best because it's real and they are involved. So consider that the vast majority of your members will miss the weekly show, and their otherwise favorite part of the site.

If I were you I'd do at least two full cam chats a week. One a night and one during the day. This accounts for work schedules and also a world wide audience across different timezones.

The other days I'd have that cam running as much as possible, but just as a voyeur cam. You don't have to be putting on shows or chatting all day long though.

If the site is primarily of you, members are going to want interaction with you as much as possible. On one chat a week, your other content better be shockingly good.
    I post here to whore this sig.

SLS
    My schedule is going to be once a week for sure.. LOL nothing more nothing less .. for right now Im a very busy guy.. LOL I dont think I have the time to do that,,, HEHEH LIVE FROM VEGAS

If you turn even a small part of your site into a live voyeur/cam area, you are going to get some very demanding customers who will not be happy with (or leave you alone about) one show a week. If you are serious about adding something live, I strongly suggest you make good use of a wireless notebook and have shows anywhere and everywhere possible, even if you are doing boring everyday things. You pretty much have to pretend you are the most important person alive and everything you do is really interesting :p

If you can't find a way to do that, consider doing a daily X hour show where 6/7 or more days a week are pretaped, so that you can do them at wierd times or whenever you are somewhere that is convenient. If you post them at the same time everyday, customers and your true cam fans will get used to tuning it at the same time daily even though you aren't live very often.

The best thing for any single model camsite is consistency, as long as you stick with the schedule you'll save yourself a lot of emails from people complaining. You can always work some really interesting and entertaining regular shows into a camsite too that keep people coming back and add a little diversity. My favorite idea is a strip poker night, where you invite over friends who will concent and sign a release to be on your site. Live strip poker with hot guys works for me :p Just make sure you enjoy the cam and make it your own with original ideas, people won't like it if they can tell you don't either. It can definately be fun!