Thread: WEBSITE Preparation!?!!?

KellyTaylor

WEBSITE Preparation!?!!?

What are things you think are important for website prep!

Meaning what are things you think are EXTREMLY IMPORTANT TO DO .. Before a launch!

Now Im not talking about as far a building the site and design etc...
    But what are some key elements you think as essential in presenting your websites..

I would love to be able to know what are certain types of precautions and preparations you should do for a launch for such a thing like a solo site or a NICHE Site to ensure good traffic flow at first... and to get everything going smoothly!!

ALSO WHAT I DONT WANT TO DO IS....
    Get abunch of preparation done and have people doing to my site before it is ready to get memberships and loose all my traffic cause it isnt up yet..
    I know there is interviews some people wanna do with me and also.. some traffic and affliate stuff I will be doing But do you think it is smart to have any type of anything going before it is actually live!??!

Also Prep advice would be nice... to make sure people get the full message of what type of site Im bringing and please remember people Im not just focusing on the solo site Im talking about in general period!!

:goof:

This is good time to be creative as well.. even if you dont have experience or understand the question Im asking please give me ideas and whatever you think could benefit this board!

THIS THREAD IS FOR MORE THAN JUST ME!!
    I THINK IT COULD BE VERY INTERESTING AND FUN!!

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Hmmm, things I'd do before launching Kelly Taylor solo site... and what is the prize we get if we answer right? :extat:

Technical > to begin with I'd have two or three trusted friends go through the site from top to bottom, clicking every single link there is on every single page to insure they all work, even if I did use a spyder type program to check... and have them make sure all links worked, all images loaded in both IE and Firefox...

I'd check the navigation to insure evey blessed page was easily accessible...

Id' check to make sure every single page had a different 'title tag' that every image had a valid 'alt tag' and that every link had a valid 'title' tag.

Traffic > I'd insure that I had several good friends ready to drop a hard text link and advertising copy on a major traffic page of theirs to my site. Insuring that it didn't go live until I gave them the word.

Directories > I'd have a list of directories to submit to and have a small circle of friends ready to help me submit the site to those directories on that day... already having the necessary recips ready to be uploaded if required but i'd weed out most of those, looking for non recip directories.

TGPs > I'd have a group of friends ready to submit galleries to TGP sites with the main outgoing link going to my solo site, each friend might submit to the same tgp but each one would have different galleries so it'd be acceptable.

AENs > I'd have several ready to drop, like one basic set up for Mancheck, and the others..

Press Releases > To all possible forums, insuring they were in the proper forum and not spamming the general board.

Bought Traffic > I'd have bought traffic ready to release on the day the site goes live, insuring its qualified traffic and not phoney chinese type traffic that many supply.

Assuming there is gonna be a live cam I'd use the 1st week promo'ing that coming event... with bought ads on high traffic sites and in high viewed forums for surfers... (webmaster boards if an affiliate program is available at the same time)

Email > if I had a fan base already from doing videos, id use it to send all those fans a brief notice of the coming site release. But only to those who wrote in... not a mass mailing.

Blogs > I'd find relevent blogs that talk about dvds and such and find a relevent topic where I could drop in the information of the new site going live that day. Not spamming them either, but making it relevent, again using a small circle of friends and pre determining the blogs to target.

(Note: This assumes you do the research for directories, traffic sellers, tgps, blogs, etc. PRIOR to launch... so you have a clear idea of each one's TOS and where you would post, list, etc.)

Non Relevent Blogs / Forums > On the day of release I'd be active commenting on issues raised in blogs & forums but including a single line or small button graphic with the site name in it... so it becomes visible all over, again utilizing friends that you can trust to follow board/blog rules and not spam... signature lines can be of benefit.

If doing interviews with say big names, like AVN or Klixxx, then request the review to be released on X day, which is either your release date or a date shortly after, which requires you to know the date yourself. Once committed, that's it... live or not the interview gets posted so make sure its doable.

And that is the short list of what I'd do if I was going to launch Kelly Taylor solo site.

Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

KellyTaylor
    Thanks GayStory man! How about any below the belt.. *Winks* Anything having to with my ass??!?! LOL

Prize # 1 - Kelly Taylors virginity
    Prize # 2 - Kelly Taylors Butt
    Prize #3 - Getting slapped around with my penis!

LOL Im playing I already gave all those things out for christmas *Winks*
    HAHAHA

Im in such a good mood today.. I feel ontop of the world!!
    I dunno why. And I swear I wasnt sniffing paint thinner either
    *Looks for butane lighter * heheheheh

Thanks gaystoryman.. for the suggestions there GREAT!! And there definatly helpful:egypt: