Quote Originally Posted by Lee
Fair enough, but, going by what you just said, how would you explain 'google.com' that, to me, doesnt say 'search engine' LOL

Regards,

Lee
Sure, make me think at nearly 1 in the morning without a drink in the house.. :mental:

SE weren't all that big back then, name power had to catch the attention and in Google's case, I'd say it was a choice of using something that could be easily marketed, googling vs search engining? no brainer there... googling is more catchy and sticky.

I guess what I am trying to say in 10,000 words or more is that depending on your business model, domain name and branding can be interchangeable.

If you are planning on something like a total complete sex site, then sex.com would fit the branding but if you were marketing Kelly Taylor then vibrant.com might be more apt and more beneficial... so i guess it comes down to what is the overall plan/purpose of the business model.

My case is reading.. so i went the book route and story route... along with a name... where one supports the other.