Thread: FedEx or UPS??

KellyTaylor

FedEx or UPS??

So im going to get all your peoples opinion .. who is your shipping preference??

Have you had bad experiences with one or the other and which one do you think is better?!?! I would like to know!!
    So that I can choose a permanant shipping method
    Please let me know what you think .. This will help out alot!!
    Horror storys and good storys welcome!!

Also IS DHL as bad as everyone is telling me.. ???

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    We use DHL and we are really happy with them.

We're able to ship to pretty much anywhere in the world in addition to letting anyon in the world ship to us using our account which comes in really handy when i order stuff from the UK

Regards,

Lee

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    We use FedEx exclusively. We used to use UPS but it got to where delivery problems seemed to be occurring daily. Now that we use FedEx almost exclusively, they give us a great discount on 2nd day which means in many cases we can actually send 2nd day cheaper than we can send ground package. And, now, that FedEx has their residential ground delivery available, we just went with them on a nearly exclusive basis.

The only time we use UPS is when the shipment is really heavy, such as several hundred DVD's to a retail store or distributor. On heavy shipments going across country, they tend to be cheaper than FedEx.

It must be different in different parts of the country, but when we were checking out prices and talking to all the carriers, DHL refused to work with us citing concerns about the "adult nature" of our products. They simply were not interested in shipping for us.

Bill

i use fedex. UPS and the USPS have had problems with lost or late shipments - fedex has been great.

We offer customers the choice of Priority Mail, or FedEx Ground. We don't really have problems with either, although FedEx is far better when it comes to tracking packages. And they give us 5% to 20% off by shipping on the internet and charging shipments to American Express.

Marc
    UPS has hotter drivers.
    Ive never seen a male UPS driver who didnt turn me on.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc
    UPS has hotter drivers.
    Ive never seen a male UPS driver who didnt turn me on.
    I wish I had some cute drivers but not one in like 5 years.

I usually ship FedEx though unless I am already in the post office then I just ship using that method.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

KellyTaylor
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenseCash.com
    I wish I had some cute drivers but not one in like 5 years.

I usually ship FedEx though unless I am already in the post office then I just ship using that method.

Mark
    Yeah I figured FEDEX that is what everyone tells me and that is what my mom uses and alot of other big business and people I know use.. So I was thinking FedEx plus they dont break stuff.. UPS had broken alot of my stuff and never have proven to be much of a service to me... But I thought since I hadnt used UPS in along time maybe they had changed but doesnt seem like it...
    LOL hahaha I didnt get any horrors storys atleast aahaha....
    I popped popcorn and everything... DAMN!!! :cry:
    LOL anyways thanks much people

CorbinFisher.com CorbinFisher_BD's Avatar
    UPS treats us right. The local UPS store might as well be our second office, as we spend a lot of time and do a lot of business with them. And the staff there is extremely helpful, accomodating, and friendly.

We don't distribute or sell DVDs or tangible goods, though, so certainly our requirements are considerably different than those of some other people in this thread who must send out way more than we do.

Speaking of UPS and Fedex... anyone remember the FedEx Furniture guy? With UPS, FedEx, DHL, USPS, et al competing for customers, he'd call up FedEx to get tons and tons of the free boxes they provide (always happy to provide free boxes and envelopes in the hopes that'd lead to your shipping with them) and built furniture out of it all!

Unfortunately, FedEx was none too pleased with his antics and ended up suing him and getting his site shut down (citing DMCA) after it gained a ton of publicity but at least some photos still remain and circulate!

CorbinFisher's Amateur College Men

Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake Buck Angel's Avatar
    I use UPS and they are great. I do not use USPS as they can open your package up. Plus the mail in New orleans is still like living in a 3rd world country.:cry:

But I am going to look into FEDEX I like the idea of getting the discount.

Happy New Year!

WOOF!

kcwebwerks
    I mainly use priority or express mail from usps. The couple of times recently when I've used fed-ex overnight, the packages arrived a few hours past the guaranteed time. And when I have had things shipped to me using dhl, they have been a day late.

The discount that the various shippers offer is based on volume. The more you ship the bigger the discount. It's better to stick with one carrier is you are getting satisfactory service with them and thus increase volume and then get bigger discounts.

When we ship overnight using FedEx and we specify a guaranteed delivery time, we watch it very closely. If they miss their delivery time for any reason other than weather related causes, we always request a refund and almost always receive it.

Happy New Years To All!

Bill

rick
    I use UPS exclusively, and if a package is late even by a minute, I call and get a full credit, no problems at all. If a package is damaged, which happens with any shipper, I file an insurance claim and always do well. If you sell a video for $40 but can see it online for $70, use that figure for your reimbursement. UPS asks for proof that it's the price, so print out the page and you're all set. It does not matter that you paid just $16 for the video

Remember, though, UPS will not ship anything adult outside the USA. Customs will open every box and return it if they don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by rick
    I use UPS exclusively, and if a package is late even by a minute, I call and get a full credit, no problems at all. If a package is damaged, which happens with any shipper, I file an insurance claim and always do well. If you sell a video for $40 but can see it online for $70, use that figure for your reimbursement. UPS asks for proof that it's the price, so print out the page and you're all set. It does not matter that you paid just $16 for the video

Remember, though, UPS will not ship anything adult outside the USA. Customs will open every box and return it if they don't like it.
    We ship adult product outside of the US daily using FedEx normally with no problem. We never have problems with US Customs. The only countries we no longer ship to because of their tight Customs Requirements regarding adult is Germany and Japan.

Bill