Thread: Well here we go again another bullshit patent

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar

Well here we go again another bullshit patent

There is a company called BTG that has acquired a patent that they believe is the basis for affiliate programs. They claim they own the way affiliate programs link.

The patent is at http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...&RS=PN/5712979

BTG is currently suing Amazon and some other companies. Barnes and Nobles already settled.

Their patent is from 1995 but I am sure this linking method was before that. It is just ridiculous.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

what a joke, companies like Avon and Mary K have been doing affiliate type programs for decades, I think we have nothing to worry about on this one.

cheers!
    Luke

Paco
    IME, this is no different from the same erroneous claims placed by ACACIA, and the problem will escalate or become serious simply because many company execs have no backbone and they will succumb to the idle threats (exactly what the so-called patent holders want)!

I will not say what I truly think of those blackmailed by, or that gave in to the demands of, ACACIA except that they are responsible for buying their (ACACIA's) righteousness.

Tisk tisk.

As far as I am concerned the patent office is a fraud and believe they are the ones reaping from these little ventures, but that must be the crack speaking.

ZeroBoi
    Well if this does in fact pre date the first affiliate program then it oculd in fact be a valid patent license in which case they should be able to get licensing fees from those companys who are using this technology.