Thread: 2 Students Expelled on Suspicion of Being Lesbians

2 Students Expelled on Suspicion of Being Lesbians

2 Girls Expelled

RIVERSIDE, Calif. - Two 16-year-olds who were expelled from a Lutheran high school because they were suspected of being lesbians have sued the school for invasion of privacy and discrimination.

The lawsuit, filed last week in Riverside County Superior Court, seeks the girls’ re-enrollment at the small California Lutheran High School, unspecified damages and an injunction barring the school from excluding gays and lesbians.

Kirk D. Hanson, an attorney for the girls, said the expulsion traumatized and humiliated them.

“Their entire support network was pulled out from under them because of suspicions about their sexual orientation,” said Hanson, who declined to say whether his clients are lesbians.

The school is on Christmas break until next week, and messages left for school officials Thursday were not immediately returned.

The lawsuit alleges that the school’s principal, Gregory Bork, called the girls into his office, grilled them on their sexual orientation and “coerced” one girl into saying she loved the other.

‘Those feelings’
    The next day, the lawsuit says, Bork told the girls’ parents they could not stay at the school with “those feelings.” In a Sept. 12 letter to the parents, Bork acknowledged that officials had seen no physical contact between the girls but said their friendship was “uncharacteristic of normal girl relationships and more characteristic of a lesbian one.”

“Such a relationship violates our Christian Code of Conduct,” Bork wrote in his letter, which was included as an exhibit in the lawsuit. He called the girls’ behavior “scandalous” and “immoral.”

Hanson said the 142-student school in Wildomar, Calif., must comply with state civil rights laws because it functions as a business by collecting tuition.

“There’s a lot of hypocrisy going on here,” Hanson said. “The school is claiming the girls were expelled because their conduct wasn’t within the Christian code. But at the same time, (the school) has students who aren’t Christians and are even Jewish.”

How can they even make a decision like this, regardless if they are or aren't lesbians?

Camper than a row of tents
    This is a tough one.

In New York there was a gay-only private high school, and the parents of straight kids were all up in arms and eventually the school had to let straight kids in.

While it may not always seem right, I think if a private school wants to limit enrollment to blacks, Mexicans, straight girls, gay boys, whatever.... they should be able to do that.
    I post here to whore this sig.

rhys
    I've never understood lesbianism... i mean who doesn't like cock?:honest:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt 26z
    While it may not always seem right, I think if a private school wants to limit enrollment to blacks, Mexicans, straight girls, gay boys, whatever.... they should be able to do that.
    In some states private schools dont have to follow the laws of the land as long as the kids parents have signed some contract saying the school can do whatever they want, the school really can do whatever they want.

Regards,

Lee

"suspected" of being lesbians?

damn, so their code of conduct wasn't in fact being broken - the girls didn't do anything that offended the school. they had to be bullied into saying they were lesbians before even that jerkoff principal would expell them.

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    In some states private schools dont have to follow the laws of the land as long as the kids parents have signed some contract saying the school can do whatever they want, the school really can do whatever they want.

Regards,

Lee
    A school that does this must operate entirely without state or federal funding of any kind.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw
    A school that does this must operate entirely without state or federal funding of any kind.
    Right, hence 'private' school i thought?

Or do some private schools get federal or state funding?

Regards,

Lee

actually yes - private schools often do get state and federal funding.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Right, hence 'private' school i thought?

Or do some private schools get federal or state funding?

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    actually yes - private schools often do get state and federal funding.
    Well i never knew that, i guess thats my 'learn something new' for the day LOL

Regards,

Lee

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    That sucks, I hope they win their lawsuit that is so wrong of them to expell them for "suspicion" of being lesbians.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Someone should tell the principal to read "The Children's Hour".