Thread: PHP Scripts Suggestions

PHP Scripts Suggestions

Hey Guys... Does anybody know of any existing scripts or somebody who they personally know who could help me out? I'm looking to have a PHP script made to handle all my photo and video gallery content.

I pretty much want what this site is using for their galleries:

http://www.strengthnet.com/

I've already gone through scriptlance.com and searched many of the big network sites like hotscripts.com but I'm hoping to find an exisitng (off-the-shelf) solution rather than go custom. I anticipate the possibility of too many bugs with going custom.

Thanks,
    Brian

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Brian,

Shoot me a PM and ill show you something once i get back from the show

We have a custom script we're using on Condom Cash which sounds like it could be the sort of thing you are looking for

Regards,

Lee

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Brian,

Shoot me a PM and ill show you something once i get back from the show

We have a custom script we're using on Condom Cash which sounds like it could be the sort of thing you are looking for

Regards,

Lee

May I see that, too?

DEVELISH

Are you just wanting a php gallery script or an actual Content Management System for running a paysite?

Hey Bec,

A whole CMS would be great (whatever those guys at strengthnet have) but mainly, what I desperately need is the gallery organizer.

Any suggestions?

BrianDN

Well, for a really nice album script that's Opensource, (ie: it's free) take a look at www.jalbum.net

If you click the link for the sample albums and then check the coffee one under the Chameleon examples - click and go IN to the album past the index presentation and I think that sort of looks like what you saw at that website.

I've used this, and there isn't too bad of a learning curve. There are some features you'll want to turn off, and tinkering with the CSS and html will let you customize further. The one I like is the Exhibit Plus, because it has a "what's new" button that shows by the index thumbnail for however many days you set it to show for, plus the guy that did that one has a whole site dedicated to supporting it.

Once you start a site with this, you just add new content and upload through it. Pages are generated on the fly ... so I think this also fits the part of 2257 where they concede if pages are dynamically generated, you aren't required to do the url per image matchup in your documentation.

For a CMS - I'd check the demo at www.sitedepth.com and if you talk to Omar ... tell him Bec sent ya ... :francais:

Thanks Bec! I sent Omar and email and I mentioned you :-)

Cheers,
    Brian

Ok cool -- I know several people on the GWW board are using SiteDepth and reporting excellent results and fantastic support. Perhaps Cj will see this and give a bit of feedback as well. He just reset his asian sites with this CMS and I saw the results ... very impressive.