Thread: Done business with "gaysites4sale.com"?

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar

Done business with "gaysites4sale.com"?

Hi,

did anybody have ever done business with http://www.gaysites4sale.com/?
    If so, please talk a little

DEVELISH

robin
    I haven't but a number of people who have sites at badpuppy have. Including "Madame" ; she posts here.

There was some rather boisterous discussion a year or two ago about these sites and the person who owns the business. But offhand I can't think of what to search for to bring those threads up.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by robin
    There was some rather boisterous discussion a year or two ago about these sites and the person who owns the business. But offhand I can't think of what to search for to bring those threads up.
    use the keyword scamme.. err.. i mean 'Hammer'.

That should bring up a few good topics

Personally, id stay as far away from them as possible $0.02

Regards,

Lee

Can I ask why you'd want a turnkey on Badpuppy instead of building a paysite on your own host?

Of course you can, Bec

I am not a graphics guy but rather a programmer and I do not own any content worth mentioning... Besides that I do not want to engage in a "LTR" with a content provider or feed provider unless I know how to draw english-languaged traffic to a site.... hmm - guess thats it...

DEVELISH....

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVELISH
    Of course you can, Bec

I am not a graphics guy but rather a programmer and I do not own any content worth mentioning... Besides that I do not want to engage in a "LTR" with a content provider or feed provider unless I know how to draw english-languaged traffic to a site.... hmm - guess thats it...

DEVELISH....
    In all honesty, you'd be better off spending the over $3000 on a good designer like Bec and some of the others here, hell you'd be better off spending it on a design and content and beer.

I think mamalkitty bought one of those and the headaches were unbelievable if I recall right and if you do a search of the threads for her posts I think you'll see why. Turnkey sites promise ease but from what I have seen on the boards, in general, all you get is fake promises and a darn site more problems...

but as they say, it is your money.

but franky there are a lot better ways to spend it...

my pennies worth
    Ian
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

How much would a decent designer charge for a "whole site" (tour pages, join page, main page etc, Member area) and how much woth of content would I need?

DEVELISH

Irregardless whether you buy a premade, make one and put it on a site like Badpuppy or build it on your own paid hosting, you'd still be committing yourself to a long term situation. You really do need to know how to do some basics, like how to edit a page, upload and download via ftp, and have some sites ready to help support ways to market it once it goes live. Knowing how to build some basic galleries or do link submits is a very small part of a paysite's health and well being as far as marketing it goes.

Having a paysite built involves other things as well:

A Processor - Visa fees - $750
    if you want cascade billing, add an affiliate software management package into this cost (like Nats for instance) - add another 150-300 monthly cost, and probably another $750 for another billing service (unless you are out of the States and can bypass that)

Hosting fees - if you aren't serving up a lot of video content, you can probably do a virtual server for awhile, as you grow and add more video, you'll find you will need a dedicated server. That's $250 and up per month.

Designer fees - site design, inside design or template help, ad banners, possibly support sites like a link or tgp site to serve up links out to galleries and freesites, avs or whatever you use to push sales to the paysite.

This can get pricey if you want the designer to actually do the galleries for the paysite. If you use a CMS, it can do that for you. Or buy Arles and make your own.

A basic 2 page tour, join and a member template - average that around $400 and up depending on tour style. This does not include making galleries, you're expected to build the rest of the site. Designers also do not handle scripting or programming. That's another service/person.

Possibly a part or full time webmaster to do updates, help with advertising media, do submissions, and provide affiliate support ... it's nice if they have some programming and design ability ... but then you're talking some $$ to hire them on.

Affiliates are going to want free hosted galleries, banners, full and half page ads. You also need a sponsor site to serve that up, or add a webmaster section to the paysite domain.

Site security program like Strongbox, to stop brut force attacks and password hacking - at least $100 for one site.

Maybe a CMS so your content gets documented, has a core design/navigation flow, allows content sorting, serves content to multiple sites, and lets you set up future site updates automatically so you can at least get out of town for a few days. Decent one will start around $4-500 for one site license.

Initial content, and a steady way of getting more that fits your niche. Gay content is more expensive than its straight counterpart. If it's exclusive, you can open with less content than if the site is all purchased content. Good feeds can help balance an initial low exclusive content site, but figure in around $100-300 per month for those.

Take the time to think this through. Paysites can make good money, but they require full time attention, marketing skills and some funds to make it all happen. Look before you leap.:francais:

i know a few designers who would do a paysite for $300 - $500. these may not be webinc quality, but they're good sites.

then you pay someone $200 to $300 to put the content in place in the member area.

how much content you need depends on things like what kind of content you get and also what niche you are marketing. if you go with twink, you'll need a lot more content than if you go with REAL bear content (good luck on that) or any niche that is harder to find.

i suggest you go with something micro niched - like instead of black or jerkoff, go with black jerkoff as a niche. instead of big cock (always a winner for me) or twink, go with big twink cock. or even better - big UNCUT cocks. and so on.

you can get a large variety of movies with vidcaps from a company like worldwidecontent for maybe $50 per scene but you could play let's make a deal if you're buying a bunch. if you go with a microniche, expect to have to return at least a couple scenes.