Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Are There A Lack Of Designers Who Do Good Gay Sites?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Why Are There A Lack Of Designers Who Do Good Gay Sites?

Ive just been going through some of the design site listings on various resources in addition to those on GWW and it really is worrying that there really arent that many good gay site designers out there.

Most portfolios i have seen are jam-packed full of straight sites with one or two gay sites thrown in to the mix.

Am i just looking in the wrong places or do we really not have any good gay site designers apart from the 2 regulars we have on GWW?

Id figure if one good design company took it upon themselves to start creating a few decent gay sites, they could pretty much corner the marketplace.

Regards,

Lee

nomad0023
    Well the sites your talking about are all kinda the same, if you just replace the girls with guys and change the text a bit you will have a gay site. I don’t see the real difference and I am sure 90% of their customers want to see Str8 stuff

Quote Originally Posted by nomad0023
    I am sure 90% of their customers want to see Str8 stuff
    Agreed, which is why the lack of gay site designers in the industry is even more confusing to me.

They are all clammering over grabbing the same 90% of clients when they could be getting 100% of the remaining 10% of clients.

I dont know, it just seems to me like one company attracting 10% of those clients looking for gay design work is going to be making more money in the long run than 90% of the design companies trying to attract 90% of those clients looking for straight sites.

Id much rather have 100% of 10% than 1% of 90% any day of the week.

Regards,

Lee

nomad0023
    I see what your saying, but you should not be looking at the sites like a “viewer” instead of a webmaster. The pics do not matter at all you could change all that in 10 minuets. Its the graphics, use of color and all that artistic/marketing stuff that really matters. Hell if I replace the guys on my sites and change the text it could be a really good pokemon site :turtle:

CorbinFisher.com CorbinFisher_BD's Avatar
    We use an outsourced design company and couldn't be happier with the results. And they specialize in gay sites. In fact, I know there are a number of people who post here that have used the same company.

They designed our present site. Have designed our upcoming redesign. Have designed a brand new site we're set to launch. Will design our sponsor program site. Designed the banners and flyers and t-shirts and postcards we've used at promotional events (consumer oriented, as well as over 2 years worth of Internext conferences). They even designed our business cards. They design all of our print ads that run in national and regional print publications.

http://www.sector33.com Sector 33 Creative. Formerly Bionic Pixels. CorbinFisher had all its design needs met through Sector 33 while I worked there. And we continue to use Sector 33 today. And while I was there, I know that they had a great many clients that were gay companies.

So, good design companies catering to gay businesses are out there.

CorbinFisher's Amateur College Men

nomad0023
    Quote Originally Posted by CorbinFisher_BD
    We use an outsourced design company and couldn't be happier with the results. And they specialize in gay sites. In fact, I know there are a number of people who post here that have used the same company.

They designed our present site. Have designed our upcoming redesign. Have designed a brand new site we're set to launch. Will design our sponsor program site. Designed the banners and flyers and t-shirts and postcards we've used at promotional events (consumer oriented, as well as over 2 years worth of Internext conferences). They even designed our business cards. They design all of our print ads that run in national and regional print publications.

http://www.sector33.com Sector 33 Creative. Formerly Bionic Pixels. CorbinFisher had all its design needs met through Sector 33 while I worked there. And we continue to use Sector 33 today. And while I was there, I know that they had a great many clients that were gay companies.

So, good design companies catering to gay businesses are out there.

I really do love the content on your site man not that I have joined or anything. Do you guys have a feed company? I would really love to able to add some of your content/feel to my service.

CorbinFisher.com CorbinFisher_BD's Avatar
    I really do love the content on your site man not that I have joined or anything. Do you guys have a feed company? I would really love to able to add some of your content/feel to my service.
    Thanks for the compliments!

Right now, we don't license any of our content or offer a feed. And truth be told, I don't suspect we will any time soon. It's just not part of our business model.

However, we're more than happy to offer up a lot of our photo content to affiliates looking to promote us (6-10 photos per update is what many use). So if you were interested in displaying to your surfers some of our photo content as a means to refer traffic to CF as an affiliate, that's certainly a possibility.

CorbinFisher's Amateur College Men

nomad0023
    Quote Originally Posted by CorbinFisher_BD
    Thanks for the compliments!

Right now, we don't license any of our content or offer a feed. And truth be told, I don't suspect we will any time soon. It's just not part of our business model.

However, we're more than happy to offer up a lot of our photo content to affiliates looking to promote us (6-10 photos per update is what many use). So if you were interested in displaying to your surfers some of our photo content as a means to refer traffic to CF as an affiliate, that's certainly a possibility.

Well thax man, but that's not really what I had in mind. I do wish you would think about it allot of big site are doing that now. You dont have to give out your new stuff or all your stuff, but adding your name to my site would be something I would be very interested in.

I see what your saying, but you should not be looking at the sites like a “viewer” instead of a webmaster. The pics do not matter at all you could change all that in 10 minuets. Its the graphics, use of color and all that artistic/marketing stuff that really matters. Hell if I replace the guys on my sites and change the text it could be a really good pokemon site :turtle:
    See, in my opinion, i should be looking at the sites as a surfer and not a webmaster.

Pics do matter, they are what the surfer wants to see inside the paysite, colors, layouts and marketing are important but, the content is what sells the site ultimately.

You could have all the best marketing in the world on a page, unless that page has any 'content' on it, you wont sell a thing.

Regards,

Lee

nomad0023
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    See, in my opinion, i should be looking at the sites as a surfer and not a webmaster.

Pics do matter, they are what the surfer wants to see inside the paysite, colors, layouts and marketing are important but, the content is what sells the site ultimately.

You could have all the best marketing in the world on a page, unless that page has any 'content' on it, you wont sell a thing.

Regards,

Lee
    Well ya but, you provide the content don’t you? The designer maybe just picks out the ones he thinks will fit best, but its still your content

Well ya but, you provide the content don’t you? The designer maybe just picks out the ones he thinks will fit best, but its still your content
    No, the designer uses the pics that *I* give him, just like he (or she) uses the text i give them and the colors and the layout.

Their job is to put *my* vision on canvas, not theirs, thats what i pay them for

Several on GWW can attest to the fact that i am extremely fussy when it comes to design work LOL

Regards,

Lee

nomad0023
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    No, the designer uses the pics that *I* give him, just like he (or she) uses the text i give them and the colors and the layout.

Their job is to put *my* vision on canvas, not theirs, thats what i pay them for

Several on GWW can attest to the fact that i am extremely fussy when it comes to design work LOL

Regards,

Lee
    Well ya that’s what I am saying the pics on the sites you are looking at don’t matter at all, you pick all that. I was thinking they would do allot of the text but I don’t know anything about paying people like that.

Egypt
    Well, Lee, we have a lot of works for gay sites...

Check out Galleries, AVS, Toons sections in our folio...

Anyway, if need something designed - feel free to hit me up on the ICQ.
    Authorize me BTW.

I'm a farmhand on your dad's rooster ranch. haganxy's Avatar
    i think the reason is most of the adult business is str8 oriented...because the sheer volume of str8 customers...so outsourced designers tend to focus on where the money is.

i have a great designer that does gay stuff...but it comes at a price! his prices..well..OUCH!
    hagan - IT nerd
    PrideBucks.com

Fetishlady
    i have designer friends who design gay sites and i can say that they are good.