Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your most effective affiliate marketing tool ?

I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of vaginas. They bother me in the way that spiders bother some people. Huskyhunks's Avatar

What's your most effective affiliate marketing tool ?

Standard banners to me are almost useless but there's something about them that is familiar so I still use them every now and then. I like the icon and odd shaped sizes if I'm gonna use a banner. Half and full page ads seem to lose their punch very quickly especially with the more popular programs. Free hosted galleries seem to sell nicely but I think my most effective tools are just regular content pictures placed like banners with some text under them.
    Artist/Painter and Webmaster of Huskyhunks.com.

New Guy
    I could show you may advertisement system but then I would have to kill you :borg:

I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of vaginas. They bother me in the way that spiders bother some people. Huskyhunks's Avatar
    Gee, I look forward to your future postings, that's so original and enlightning, you have a bright future.

New Guy
    Ok then how about this, ending your site with your sponsors link or a page with only advertisement. Its kinda underhanded but WTF should you care as long as you have picked good programs. Any way you get traffic to your sponsor will help. :cycle:

Listen dipshit. I'm not in the mood for your fucked up attitude. If you want to fuck around, then get the hell out of here, go back to gfy or wherever you came from. If you can't add anything, go play with knives or eat glass or something constructive.

New Guy
    Look I have seen your site, I think if I was you I would take my advice. I could make something like your site in 10 minuets 3 years ago. Ending your free/avs sites with a advertisement page or with a direct link to your site, should raise your sales 10% in the first week.

New Guy
    Taking pics from free sites and charging 19.95 would not really be what I would call a good business model :goof:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by New Guy
    Taking pics from free site and charging 19.95 would not really be what I would call a good business model :goof:
    The irony in that statement is just overwhelming $0.02

Regards,

Lee

New Guy
    Sorry that’s all I have to say, I am kind of a hot head :honest:

Back to the original topic...

As much as i hate to admit it, FHG's seem to be working really well for us on Condom Cash at the moment as well as regular banners with a line of text below.

Im currently working on a couple of new promo tools also which, so far, show promise but im not going to know if they work consistently for a few more weeks yet, once i know for sure they do work, we'll be adding those to our promo tool line up also

Regards,

Lee

Thank you Lee for bringing some dignity to this posting. I really appreciate that.

FHG's seem to have that immediate punch you need to get through to the surfers to capture and keep their attention. You've got a big program with alot of affiliates, what's the bandwith like hosting those galleries ?

Quote Originally Posted by Huskyhunks
    what's the bandwith like hosting those galleries ?
    Its actually not as bad as i initially thought it would be, i just checked my BW stats for last month and so it looks like we only burnt around 200gigs.

200 gigs is a good couple of weeks of regular TGP posting and as we're making money off that BW im not to fussed with those levels.

Regards,

Lee

Wow, that isn't bad at all for the bandwith on a large program. It only takes a couple of sales to pay for itself. Great info.

New Guy
    Ya I am having some new FHG temples made for me in the next few days, as well as a new affiliate program template. I 100% sure if I will have to pay to have my site redone/updated I think I have a company that is going to help me with that out of the kindness of their harts. :sun:

Quote Originally Posted by Huskyhunks
    Wow, that isn't bad at all for the bandwith on a large program. It only takes a couple of sales to pay for itself. Great info.
    Indeed, last month was a slow month too.

We've already surpassed 200 gigs so far in January.

The benefits are definately there for FHGs but, at the same time, you need to make sure that they actually do translate in to sales volume otherwise, you get stuck with a hefty BW bill.

We're actually in the process of migrating all of the Condom Cash sites and promo tools across to another dedicated box which will allow us to maintain better control over how much money we have going out on the sites compared to what they actually bring in sales wise.

Regards,

Lee