Thread: Cybernext Expo - Ever been?

maleflixxx.tv

Cybernext Expo - Ever been?

Hey everyone,

maleflixxx is doing some research on the above show in an effort to decide if it should attend. I've heard great things about the Cybernet Expo offline, but I'd like to receive feedback from any board members who have experienced the show first hand. Thanks in advance for sharing

Madame0120
    Quote Originally Posted by maleflixxx.tv
    Hey everyone,

maleflixxx is doing some research on the above show in an effort to decide if it should attend. I've heard great things about the Cybernet Expo offline, but I'd like to receive feedback from any board members who have experienced the show first hand. Thanks in advance for sharing
    You heard correctly .. for us the San Diego show was very important. Some highlights for us last year were:

My invitation to speak on the newbee panel .. I was VERY nervous.

A short interview with Wired Mag - that is still sending hits to our company's main site.

Rockin' with Tone Loc :goof:

Meeting other smaller webmasters who have Bad Puppy sites

One on one, and face to face time with our Atty, Mister Berstein.

Crusining The Corridors!

Ooo this cutie pie went up on her toes with swat #2. Lots of great sports and good business .. what more can you ask for?

Oh yeah .. and seagulls landing on my balcony that were SO FREAKIN BIG, I was surprised none of them tiny models didn't get carried off!

Fetishlady
    never attended this show but i've heard some webmasters saying it's fun.

desslock
    I have considered attending, but I've adopted a wait and see attitude as to whether many gay sponsors would attend. I went to San Diego back in 1996, and I'd love to visit again.

I would definately entertain new shows with new approaches and ideas.

Steve

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    From what i understand of the Cybernet show it is primarily catered towards the straight side of the industry, ive only heard about 1 or 2 gay orientated companies in attendance and, i recall there was some feedback on GWW about the actual 'new business' for gay copanies being somewhat lacking.

Whilst San Diego is certainly a nice city, we went to the Traffic Dude San Diego events several years ago prior to YNOT starting a show there and because they were primarily gay orientated there was a lot of business to be done.

However, im sure many on GWW have never heard about the Cybernet show purely because, the organizers of the event really dont seem to be as in-tune with the gay side of the industry as they are with the straight side.

In fact, i cant recall the last time someone associated with the Cybernet show posted here (or on any other gay marketing forum) when they werent looking for sponsorships or attendees for the show, it really does appear like they only want to become part of the gay industry when they want something from us $0.02

Regards,

Lee

Madame0120
    Straight, Bi, Gay, Transgender, Poly, Metrosexual - the list goes on, and on.

How many "straight boards" do YOU post on? I get so tired of the finger pointing and deciding just who belongs to what market. In the first year of business, we didn't launch a single "straight" site .. I have yet to hear ANY bitching about that.

Every show is what you make it. San Diego was a GREAT show last year, even for a small company like ours without a het site to be had.

Ya'll really need to stop being so testy .. good ppl are everywhere .. and most businesses cross market ..

What a crumengeon!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Madame0120
    How many "straight boards" do YOU post on?
    Quite a few actually but, that isnt the point i was making, i was saying we only hear from most of these companies who dont have any gay orientated products when they want people in the ay industry to part with their cash or help them out and, more often than not, its always a oneway deal.

Regards,

Lee

Did someone say cocktail? steven619's Avatar

San Diego

We will be there...so it would be great to see other homosexuals pushing the str8s around.

Besides, it's about 7 miles from our office so I HAVE to be there if not for the parties!

Steven
    Steven: 619-269-7442 x401
    Red Apple Media
    Hosting, Development, and video Streaming
    San Diego, CA
    Home PageFacebook

and as I recall, LAJ owes me a naked table dance.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.