Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is beter than Sorenson Squeeze?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar

What is beter than Sorenson Squeeze?

I have been having some weird problems with this program. What other programs are comparable or better?

Thanks,
    Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenseCash.com
    I have been having some weird problems with this program. What other programs are comparable or better?

Thanks,
    Mark

I like Canopus's ProCoder and of course..may all time fav...Vegas

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slade
    I like Canopus's ProCoder and of course..may all time fav...Vegas
    Thanks for the reply, what is the name of the Vegas program?

Thanks,
    Mark

Slade
    Thanks for the reply, what is the name of the Vegas program?

Thanks,
    Mark

It's Sony's Vegas Video.
    I had thought you had been working with that program before and had some problems with it? Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade
    It's Sony's Vegas Video.
    I had thought you had been working with that program before and had some problems with it? Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else.
    I have that program but as far as I know if doesn't split into different formats unless you have the Sony Vegas + dvd. Is that correct?

Thanks,
    Mark

I have that program but as far as I know if doesn't split into different formats unless you have the Sony Vegas + dvd. Is that correct?

Thanks,
    Mark

Hey Mark,

In terms of format, do you mean Window's Media, QuickTime, etc.? Because I have Sony Vegas and I've been able to export out into all those formats (when rendering the edited video). The main thing is compression and I'm looking for an alternative to Sorenson as well...

Hope this helps you out.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by BrianDN
    Hey Mark,

In terms of format, do you mean Window's Media, QuickTime, etc.? Because I have Sony Vegas and I've been able to export out into all those formats (when rendering the edited video). The main thing is compression and I'm looking for an alternative to Sorenson as well...

Hope this helps you out.

Brian
    Sorry I got a tad confused. Yeah that is exactly how we do it here. Why are you looking for an alternative to Sorenson?

Thanks,
    Mark

My associate uses it and it's a good program but I just want to see what else I can use.

Slade

Thanks,
    Mark

Yeah..you can make wmv's, quicktime..real media..whatever..
    in fact, it has the best compression engine for wmv that I've been able to find so far for any encoder.

Hey Slade...

Actually, yeah... You're right about the Windows Media format. I was pretty impressed by it.

What about Quicktime? I should play around with it more I guess, but I loved how it output quicktime at best quality. I'll have to see.

Brian

quicktime? have you tried quicktime pro? i ordered it on cd in december but it hasn't gotten here yet...

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianDN
    Hey Slade...

Actually, yeah... You're right about the Windows Media format. I was pretty impressed by it.

What about Quicktime? I should play around with it more I guess, but I loved how it output quicktime at best quality. I'll have to see.

Brian

I haven't played around much with quicktime on Vegas as I never really use it..but my impression from wmv, rm etc. is that overall, Vegas gives you your best "bang for the buck".

Hey Patti... I haven't tried QuickTime Pro but in Vegas, I was able to output to Quicktime. It looked good at best quality but when I get down to other Mbps/Kbps, the quality gets really bad. I'm pretty new at this so I don't know much. Maybe I'm not doing something right.

I compared compression from Sorenson VS Vegas and it turns out, Vegas is pretty good. I thought I'd have to use a program like Sorenson after making my video at full quality in Vegas. My buddy has Sorenson, I went over and did this test. I think I'll just keep on using Vegas!

BrianDN

Great input here everyone, thanks. Do you think using Vegas to compress videos is as easy as Sorenson Squeeze? It looks like you have to buy Vegas plus dvd and can't just add on the dvd. Anyone know if that is correct?

Thanks,
    Mark

Slade
    Great input here everyone, thanks. Do you think using Vegas to compress videos is as easy as Sorenson Squeeze? It looks like you have to buy Vegas plus dvd and can't just add on the dvd. Anyone know if that is correct?

Thanks,
    Mark

You don't have to have the Vegas DVD Suite to get the encoding capabilities you are looking for Mark. You can just buy the latest version, which I THINK is 6.0c or something to that effect.

And I think Vegas is WAY easier than any other COMPLEX encoder to use.