Thread: Heres A Little Tip That Has Helped Me With Sales...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Heres A Little Tip That Has Helped Me With Sales...

The past month or so ive been going through an 'experiment' stage with some of the sites ive been building, changing the layouts, color schemes, sponsors, etc etc etc.

One thing that does appear to be working quite well on sites that i have submitted to link lists is making sure that i put the site in its own sub folder, for example, domain.com/site/

Instead of calling the index page of the site index.html ive actually been using something like sitename.html and instead, ive used a mixture of ads on the index.html page.

Its hasnt made a heap of money so far but i calculate it has increased sponsor signups by about 5% i guess surfers do still strip off the end of URLs to see what they can find for free

Just figured id share that with you

Regards

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    That's an interesting idea.. though I generally don't use ads on the index, certainly a thought. I do use the concept of certain products/site pages in separate folders and have an index file for those who do strip but never though of putting anything but a redirect text... damn.. that is so basic and simple..

thanks Lee.
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

I thought a lot of linklists insisted they were the index page for a subfolder? Have you been getting accepted?

cheers,
    Luke

Fetishlady
    very good tip and interesting idea, Lee!

Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost
    I thought a lot of linklists insisted they were the index page for a subfolder? Have you been getting accepted?

cheers,
    Luke
    Yea, what he said. Most everywhere I submit a freesite to wants an index.html regardless of what domain or subfolder it's housed in as the landing page.

Ian ... not using ads and keyword advertising text on your index is letting the best page you have for moving a product slip through your fingers. It's the primary page the SE grabs text from for SE listings.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost

cheers,
    Luke
    Yep havent had any problems so far although, to be fair, ive only been submitting to the smaller LL's and Directories to gauge the effectiveness of this and their rules dont seem to be as restrictive on my marketing as the larger places are although, they dont send as much traffic, which is a trade off im happy with

Regards,

Lee