Thread: Web Analytics w/ campaign tracking

Did someone say cocktail? steven619's Avatar

Web Analytics w/ campaign tracking

Anyone know a good campaign tracking software package that can do BOTH yahoo and google?

Anymore...
    You use Urchin (now Google Analytics) they they only support Google Adwords, and you use Yahoo then they give you only there API.

I rather have one that does all and if it also can do the basic analytics that would be super cool too. We will need to install the software on our end as I hate to pass 2nd or 3rd party cookies or to pass any other data to a hosted solution. If the product installed on our servers (linux perfered) then I can just read from our standard log files.

Steven
    Steven: 619-269-7442 x401
    Red Apple Media
    Hosting, Development, and video Streaming
    San Diego, CA
    Home PageFacebook

ChrisYP
    We have tracked both Yahoo SM and Adwords through google analytics, but setting up campaigns from other sources in GA is a pain in the ass...too many urls to change, too much extra configuration to set up.

Webtrends is a great product, but can get expensive depending on how much you want to get out of it, but I believe you can track any kind of campaign through them.

have you tried setting up the adwords to go to a php page and tack on a &source=google at the end of the link? Its simple but it might help!

cheers,
    Luke