Thread: Paysite Owners - Members Area Question

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Paysite Owners - Members Area Question

Im looking at redoing a couple of the Condom Cash members areas next week and was wondering if anyone had noticed any significant difference in member retention between two different types of layout.

The first layout im looking at is one which is almost exactly the same as we have now where all of the content appears in 'blocks' in the center of the pages, meaning, the page is split in to 3 sections, left, middle, and right, with the content being placed in the middle of the page arranged in columns and rows of thumbs,

The second layout that im looking at is almost the same however, instead of the content appearing in rows and columns, it would appear in one continuous column down the middle of the page.

I was just curious to see if anyone had tried using both methods of laying out a members area and, if so, did you find one particular method appeared to do better than the other?

My initial thoughts are that by laying the members area content out in a continuous column, it will give the surfer the appearance of their being a lot more content in the site than what is actually there, primarily, im basing this assumption on the fact that to see everything, the surfer is going to have to scroll down the page a lot more than using the first option.

Your thoughts on this?

Regards,

Lee

How long have you been gay?
    I don't think either design is going to impact the retention of your members very much at all. Just design the member's area so it's easy to use and doesn't abuse the member (a lot of ads, a lot of new windows opening, etc.) and you should be good. What will impact retention is the frequency and quality of your updates. In this industry, when you talk quantity v quality, I think quality will win every time.

I think rows and columns (not 1 column) would present a nicer user experience, but overall I think Becky is right, just make it easy to navigate and give them lots and lots of good quality content and you will be set!

cheers,
    Luke