Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Much Compression On Free Sites For Images?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

How Much Compression On Free Sites For Images?

Just wondered how much you folks are compressing your images these days for free sites and the likes?

Right now, im using filesizes of around 15k for the full sized image but im wondering if this can be reduced even further?

Your thoughts?

Regards,

Lee

New Guy
    15k is pretty small as it is, you can try to make it smaller but I think it will effect the quality unless you want to make the dimensions of the images even smaller.

New Guy
    I have seen some people use small pop-up windows for the pics, not sure even with that you could get much smaller than 15k

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work. webnet's Avatar
    about 40k in free sites

in paysites about 100k 800x600pixels

Quote Originally Posted by webnet
    about 40k in free sites

in paysites about 100k 800x600pixels
    Thats crazy.

That means that for every 10 visitors to your free sites you are burning almost 2 gigs in bandwidth :eek:

Thats got to be wrong.

Regards,

Lee

New Guy
    Well ya that is big but, I would not say that most people would look at all the pics maybe just 1-3 of them pre page. I am sure too that you would know all of this

Well the reason i say thats crazy is because of this..

Which is the original at around 35k or thereabouts and then after compression...

Theres hardly any difference between the two pics yet one of them saves me around 20k each time it loads.

Regards,

Lee

New Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Well the reason i say thats crazy is because of this..

Which is the original at around 35k or thereabouts and then after compression...

Theres hardly any difference between the two pics yet one of them saves me around 20k each time it loads.

Regards,

Lee
    I think if you put the image in a pop-up window and made it just a bit smaller it would really have the exact same quality as the uncompressed one. But for “free site” that would be allot of extra work. I would go with what you have now, hell its just free site. All of this is just another reason I use free hosts for free sites

Oh and here's the Photoshop compressed image..

Not to impressed with Photoshop when it comes to compression it has to be said!

Regards,

Lee

a well made free site makes you sales but not if you break the rules of the link lists - a popup would certainly keep you from getting linked.

lee and i were just doing an experiment and we discovered something. photoshop compressed graphics were bigger in k and worse to look at the graphics made in the program lee uses. i lovee the graphics he made with these other program. MUCH better!

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy
    I think if you put the image in a pop-up window and made it just a bit smaller it would really have the exact same quality as the uncompressed one. But for “free site” that would be allot of extra work. I would go with what you have now, hell its just free site. All of this is just another reason I use free hosts for free sites

New Guy
    Ya I am not to happy with PhotoShop in that respect too, you could really make the image shorter I think it would fix allot of the distortion. In my opinion for free sites they really do need to much more than with fit on the screen with out scrolling. BTW you know a really good text front creator that would work with PhotoShop that’s the other thing I really don’t like about that.

Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    lee and i were just doing an experiment and we discovered something. photoshop compressed graphics were bigger in k and worse to look at the graphics made in the program lee uses. i lovee the graphics he made with these other program. MUCH better!
    Dont forget MUCH cheaper too LOL

The $35 for the program will be recouped a thousand times over in the course of a year using that ReaCompressor program, not a bad investment for anyone imho $0.02

Regards,

Lee

New Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    a well made free site makes you sales but not if you break the rules of the link lists - a popup would certainly keep you from getting linked.

Well never spent the time to create pop-up windows for free sites, and if you have hosted domains on the free hosts normally link lists do not give you a problem. Some pic posts will but sites like that are easy to do and only last a few days really.

New Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Dont forget MUCH cheaper too LOL

The $35 for the program will be recouped a thousand times over in the course of a year using that ReaCompressor program, not a bad investment for anyone imho $0.02

Regards,

Lee
    What’s the name of it? And you know a good front creator compatible with PhotoShop

New Guy
    Off the topic but I am glad to announce I will be adding http://cruiserboys.com/ to my members site in the next week