Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CCBill VISA Processing for Canadians

blah blah blah...

CCBill VISA Processing for Canadians

Hey guys.

I know this topic has been discussed here on GWW a number of times, but are there any new solutions? Can Canadian webmasters now get CCBill Visa processing? Or is it still only limited to US and EU webmasters?

I have close relatives in the US. Can i somehow use them to get VISA set up with CCBill? I know that I could set up Visa with Verotel, but that’s my last option.

Does anyone know of a way to get past this? As in ANY way...whatever it may be...as long as it's legal. Would setting up a US or a EU corporation allow me to do this? You can pvt me if you’d like.

Thanks in advance.

- Allan

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    As far as i know, there really arent any billing options available to Canadian adult businesses at the moment other than Verotel and, quite frankly, id rather slice my wrist open with a rusty spoon than use them for anything.

Your best option, IMHO, would be to get either a US or an EU business setup id guess, a US corporate presence would be the easiest to get setup with you being Canadian.

Thats just my take on it all though im sure some of our other community members will be able to offer you some more advice

Regards,

Lee

blah blah blah...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    As far as i know, there really arent any billing options available to Canadian adult businesses at the moment other than Verotel and, quite frankly, id rather slice my wrist open with a rusty spoon than use them for anything.

Your best option, IMHO, would be to get either a US or an EU business setup id guess, a US corporate presence would be the easiest to get setup with you being Canadian.

Thats just my take on it all though im sure some of our other community members will be able to offer you some more advice

Regards,

Lee

Thanks for the prompt response, Lee.

Yeah, as far as i know, you can get a VISA account with CCBill if you have a US corporation (easy to do). But the problem with that is, because of the fact that you're not living in the US, you'll hvae to appoint a Principal to act on your behalf. This person would have full access to your entire account. I've heard that some lawyers are willing to do this, but i'm not sure if i'd trust my own mom with this position, let alone a lawyer i hardly know :boo:

And isn't setting up in the US suicide with all the 2257 regulations? If i have the option to set up a company in the EU, wouldn't that be a much better choice?

What are all you Canadian webmasters doing?

-allan

a canadian friend of mine set up a u.s. corporation - an LLC - through incorporate.com. if you go with a nevada corporation, you don't need a principal, no meetings and they supply the u.s. contact and address for you as part of their service. i know a lot of people who have done a nevada LLC through them and so far, it's all been smooth sailing.

they have live help during the day. why not ask them for details? also you can ask basement on this board for details on how he did it.

as far as 2257, who knows? later it could be a problem - or not. if you aren't willing to do a u.s. LLC, your options are either verotel or to incorporate in europe and go with ccbill eu. or to go with one of the less well-established processors.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    ..., quite frankly, id rather slice my wrist open with a rusty spoon than use them for anything.
    Hey Lee... Just curious: why are you put off by Verotel?

I've started a discussion on this topic before (as a Canadian webmaster) and Verotel didn't seem bad then. Has something changed (yikes)?

Ultimately, I decided to setup with Verotel. It took some time setting up (longer than expected), but so far, I have not experienced any problems. Touch wood, I don't have any complaints about Verotel.

Of course, CCBill had been my first choice, but what to do?

Hey Patti, I looked into the whole Nevada thing. According to CCBill, I still needed a princple (irrespective of the Nevada, LLC) so I did encounter that problem still. I didn't want to hand over full control of my account to a perfect stranger...

Am I missing something here that your Canadian freinds have done that I overlooked?

BrianDN

Brian,

I just dont like the type of sites they process for, pseudo CP sites, rape sites, etc. That doesnt exactly instill a whole load of confidence in them as a processor id trust my business with.

Regards,

Lee

For example, here is a story from December about how they were processing for a CP site..

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/n...-4903259c.html

Here's a GFY link about the processing for beasty sites..

http://www.gofuckyourself.com/showth...ht=hans+burger

There was a thread on GWW a few months back about them processing for pseudo rape sites to (from what Squirt said after joining the site it was actual rape, sorry to mention you in this Squirt).

Regards,

Lee

verotel ticket club is not what i'd want to process with unless i had no choice. their support has been very bad for a lot of people i know, although eventually if you're persistant, they do get the questions answered.

BrianDN - basement is sick and off to bed. he said he'd stop by this thread later. in the meantime, why not ask the live help on incorporate.com your questions? i believe basement is his own principal, but he'll tell us when he wakes up.

Thanks Patti...

Yeah, I still need a secondary processor so I'll look into that further. I'm anxious to speak with basement! I guess we'll find out soon enough...

BrianDN

basement
    I am Canadian with a Nevada LLC. I am with epoch not ccbill. I have never heard of requirement to have a priniciple. I have a resident agent in Nevada that costs me $200 a year through the company corporation.

Thanks for the info, Lee...

Basement, I'm going to look into this further. Maybe Epoch doesn't have that same requirement as CCBILL.

But I do remember CCBill stating very clearly to me that the main person on account (the principle) must be a resident of the US, with a valid address and IDs, etc. So, this led me to resort to using something like companiesinc.com and having them act as my 'resident agent' to satisfy CCBill's (actually, more accurately, VISA USA's) principle requirements for a true US resident. So, I could have paid that $200 yearly fee, but I just did not trust somebody whom I didn't know to have access to my account.

Does your resident agent have full access to your account at epoch? As in, are they listed as the primary person (or even at all) on your account with Epoch?

How long ago did you setup your account?

Thanks basement, I'll find out more!

BrianDN

BrianDN - your corporation is your u.s. principal. the point of getting a u.s. corporation is that the corporation IS a u.s. business entity - it's like the person that visa will do business with.

Hey Patti... Yes, you're right. And, that was no problem (getting a corporation as an ID). But CCBill (or, VISA I should say) wanted two pieces of ID. So, while one could originate from a US corporation, the other ID still had to come from an authentic US resident (somebody who could prove they actually lived in the US; say with a Driver's License), hence the need for a principle or resident agent like companies inc. Do you see what I mean?

There was no getting around this for them.

VISA USA has basically imposed these demands in order to prevent anyone except US residents to have the accounts setup with companies like CCBillUS. The same story applies with CCBillEU. I setup a corporation in the EU, I even had a a friend of mine who agreed to act as principle (he had a passport form a European Country), but because he lives in Canada he is technically not a resident of his country of citzenship, so they wouldn't let me use him as a principle. So, I was back to square one at that point (having to use the anonymous resident agent as my principle). Finally I just gave up and went with Verotel...

Brian

Patti, I pulled this up from http://manual.ccbill.com/ (under the Webmaster Signup Page).

I've highlighted their requirement.

Basically, what i was told (where they say the principle must have an address in the same region) is that the principle must have a US address (it can by anywhere in the US) or an EU address (it can be in any country belonging to the EU). Otherwise, I need to appoint somebody (like a resident agent at companiesinc.com for instance) to act on my behalf. And, as I found out, that person gets listed as the primary on the accout, while I'm listed as something secondary (like the technical) and so that person would full control and authority over what happens to that account, including changing passwords, where checks, go, etc.

well, doesn't that suck balls!

it does make sense that a u.s. business entity should have a u.s. address, but as far as making someone else the owner of your account - AND legally responsible if you fuck up :wtf: