Thread: SPAM - what to do?

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar

SPAM - what to do?

Hi,

some friends I get massively SPAMed by a company residing in Swizerland, but servers in the US - can I do something to stop them like email the hoster? What are the keywords they most likely respond to?

Hoster is Hostway, Tampa, FL
    SPAMing domain is mailingtonic.com / mailingtonicgroup.com

Thanks

DEVELISH

you can spend a lot of time complaining to companies and getting their servers shut down or their IP addresses blacklisted, but honestly its not going to do any good since they will just pick up and move to the next place and continue their actions.

save yourself a lot of stress and time and use something like outlook's junk mail filters to separate most of the spam and then delete them and move on.

cheers,
    Luke

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost
    save yourself a lot of stress and time and use something like outlook's junk mail filters to separate most of the spam and then delete them and move on.
    :thumbsup: Bingo Luke - glad to hear that others use the tools provided in the program - I work with people that have never created additional folders (co-workers, content, yadda-yadda) let alone use the tools provided.

You should be using the rules wizard in Outlook adding addresses to your contact list (safe list) and adding the lowlife spammers to your junk &/or adult content list (which directs the junk to your delete folder, in the case you want to review, or better yet permanently delete).
    You can flag the e-mail address, but I find flagging the subject line more effective.

Thanks

using the Junk-Filter is what I do (Thunderbird default junk-settings).

Still - I got like >100 a day and typing an email to their hoster takes me about 2 minutes since I type at about 200 to 250 characters a minute ;D

DEV.

100 x 2 minutes = over 3 hours a day wasted
    the horrible cost of spam.

cheers,
    Luke

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    O have found that the spam filter from cloudmark works the best for me, rules baised ones dont usually work cause of the industry we are in. if a filter junks aall mail that has , say the word "sex" in it, you may miss a lot of important mail.

coudmake works with a network of humans telling the system when they get spam. I love it, catches 99% of my spam
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost
    100 x 2 minutes = over 3 hours a day wasted
    the horrible cost of spam.

cheers,
    Luke
    How do you calculate that? It's 100 times the same spam massage to one email address... so CTRL-A the folder and forward it

DEV.