Thread: How has your traffic been?

Slade

I Wonder? How has your traffic been?

Curious to find out how your January traffic was?
    Average? Great? Lousy?
    The first week of January was fantastic for me..

THEN THE BOTTOM seemed to fall out!
    A lot of people I've talked to recently have said the last 3 weeks of January have definitely been below par for them both traffic wise..and natch, signup wise.

January is usually one of the strongest months for me..but struggled to come close to average. I know the credit card bills start showing up and people start thinking about paying their taxes too. But this January just seemed to be VERY VERY strange compared to past Januarys.

Your experience?

robin
    Hmmm traffic is slightly down in some areas but sales are up for me.

Jan traffic was consistent but sales were down for me, plus I have heard other clients of mine saying the exact same thing. I was chatting about this with a mate and he said "no shit sherlock, everyone's credit cards are maxed out after christmas". Maybe thats it?

cheers,
    Luke

Meant to be Obscene, not Heard. HotMaleVideos's Avatar
    Mostly consistent traffic here too. For signups, one program drop off for week 2, and another dropped off in week 3. The final week was closer to normal. Still a good month overall, though.

I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of vaginas. They bother me in the way that spiders bother some people. Huskyhunks's Avatar
    I experienced the exact same thing. January was way down in traffic and sales. Rebills weren't being processed for the first 9 days at one of the aen's. Scrubbing was probably really high because the holidays overextend alot of people.
    Artist/Painter and Webmaster of Huskyhunks.com.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Overall on Condom Cash, traffic remained constant however, the last week of the month new sales kinda sucked.

The good thing is that rebills kept renewing so that off-set some of the lost sales for our affiliates.

Regards,

Lee

vegasonesource
    WHAAAAAAA!!!!! :cry:

My site took a HUGE hit from Google around Dec 27th and has yet to recover. I found one issue which was the word "fellatio" on the index page. I've since redesigned the site and corrected the problems. Waiting with fingers crossed for the G's SuperBowl update.

Sales have gone down 50% for the past month - never realized how dependent on G my site is... working on spreading the eggs around in other baskets.

Slade
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost
    Jan traffic was consistent but sales were down for me, plus I have heard other clients of mine saying the exact same thing. I was chatting about this with a mate and he said "no shit sherlock, everyone's credit cards are maxed out after christmas". Maybe thats it?

cheers,
    Luke

I wouldn't say everyone's cards are maxed out..but I know a lot of people really hit their credit cards big time for Christmas. The thing is, if the credit card theory held..then every January should be crappy..and I actually haven't experienced that in the past years.

Hmm..from what I've read so far..seems like a bit of a mixed bag for all.

Don't forget about heating bills that have doubled from last year. I was talking to a member the other night and he was telling me he was probably going to have to cancel because his natural gas bill for December came in and it was nearly $500.

Lets not forget that gasoline prices started a nice steady increase in January. It alone is not a crisis, but in addition to increased utility costs, its a lot for some people to deal with.

Add that into the post-christmas CC hangover and you have a situation this year that is very different than last year.

I think disposable income is just a little tight right now.

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. shelmal's Avatar
    well im sure glad to hear your guys are having a bad month. hate to say it but misery loves company. I thought it was just me. Actually traffics about the same but the sales are way way off. Had the same as some of you. First week was almost record breeaking then bam the last 3 weeks sucked.

Lets all unite and think good thoughts so the signup ferry returns

cheers,
    Luke

Dart
    Actually BearBound had it's highest month ever in Jan. But that could also be in part due to the new corporation. .