Thread: I Need An Admin Assistant... How Much To Pay Them?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Need An Admin Assistant... How Much To Pay Them?

So ive decided i really need to hire an admin assistant sometime over the next couple of weeks but i really dont know how much to be paying them.

Im probably looking at hiring someone in the Daytona area for 10-20 hours a week, does anyone know what the prevailing rate is per hour for administrators?

Actually, come to think of it, is an admin assistant what i need? This is primarily what im going to be hiring someone for..

Answering emails
    Generating stats / revenue reports
    Filing paperwork / reports
    Answering the phone
    Making coffee / lunch runs

Would that fit the role of an admin assistant or is that something else?

Anyone kow what the going hourly rate is for something like that? Ive never really hired any 'office' type positions before so this is all kind of new to me.

Regards,

Lee

Fetishlady
    yes it's more of Administrative Assistant's work Lee.

goodluck.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    So ive decided i really need to hire an admin assistant sometime over the next couple of weeks but i really dont know how much to be paying them.

Im probably looking at hiring someone in the Daytona area for 10-20 hours a week, does anyone know what the prevailing rate is per hour for administrators?

Actually, come to think of it, is an admin assistant what i need? This is primarily what im going to be hiring someone for..

Answering emails
    Generating stats / revenue reports
    Filing paperwork / reports
    Answering the phone
    Making coffee / lunch runs

Would that fit the role of an admin assistant or is that something else?

Anyone kow what the going hourly rate is for something like that? Ive never really hired any 'office' type positions before so this is all kind of new to me.

Regards,

Lee
    actually isn't the technical term "Wife or Significant Other"? :joker:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Did someone say cocktail? steven619's Avatar

Daytona wage

I believe minimum wage in FL is about $6.15 an hour?

But that asside, I've seen posting for Receptionist/Admins for about $8.00 to $9.00 hr. And that is reasonable...if you want someone that can do well and not looking to just collect hours and then head out.

Since you will have some interesting materials (adult) they will be in contact with you already start with a narrow field of prospects. And since they will be your right hand you want somone to be a little more professional.

If this was a full time position $8.00/hr would only be $16,640 a year.
    And the person you hire will still have to be able to afford to drive to work, eat lunch, and have a cocktail at the end of the day.

So my thought...is simple.
    Treat them well...pay them a good wage...and you will save a lot of time retraining new people every month. Sure..the flip side is...if they don't work out get rid of them quickly and find someone that will work for you. No employer ever said they wished they kept an employee they fired longer.

Steven
    Steven: 619-269-7442 x401
    Red Apple Media
    Hosting, Development, and video Streaming
    San Diego, CA
    Home PageFacebook

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Well wage wise, i was looking at around $9-$11 per hour so thats pretty close to what my expectations were at least

Ian,

Yeah i do beleive that is the proper job title unfortunately Gary's busy making his millions with real-estate at the moment and doesnt spend much time in the office anymore LOL

Regards,

Lee

receptionists and basically unskilled (read $8 per hour) workers aren't generally trusted to write reports and generate stats. if that's VERY easy to do and if you don't care about how well those emails are answered, pay that person a low wage.

it may well be regional, but in l.a. the person you get for the wage you are talking about isn't the person i would want with their fingers in my stats or answering emails. the company arie works for has had a series of completely useless people for between $8 and $9 an hour. they keep hoping they'll find one with a clue, but rent where you are is the same as where i am, so ask yourself this:

do you want someone who is willing to work for a wage they couldn't even get a single apartment and food for in a month?

obviously except if you're very lucky and get a college student or a senior with a clue, a person who works for close to unskilled labor wages isn't going to be a great email writer or a person with a clue about reports and stats - and if you train them, they'll leave the second they know their shit.

why not go through monster.com looking for jobs that are similar to yours within 10 miles of your zipcode?