Thread: Blog Virgin

Blog Virgin

Ok, I've busted my blog virginity and managed to install Wordpress to a site and I even figured out how to put up a custom header image. Now comes the fun part of figuring out this category thing and adding links and stuff.

What's this blogroll I see everywhere ... is this considered a hard link trade between blog sites? Or a hard link trade with whoever regardless of the site type?

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Just a place for links to other blogs or whatever you choose... you can change its name too in your admin panel... under manage. I generally add my sites as well. and definately name them something other than blogroll.

which wordpress Bec? 2.01? If you are using an earlier version, might want to add the new one before you get it populated...
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Yea, it's 2.0.1 now - I installed 2.0 and they released the fix the very next day ..... so dumped it and just installed the newer one.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Yeah they sure released it fast.. am hoping that by the time I figure out the CSS for it and am ready to populate it they don't have a new version out... but given how fast I move, they'll be on version 9... i hate learning new stuff...

least the new version has a lot more comments in the css so this could be fun. or not.. (banging my head)
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

bec, one thing you might want to start playing with now that you have your blog online is RSS feeds. This is THE thing with blogs right now. Actually I think I will start a new thread on that too so as to not hijack yours.

cheers,
    Luke

Hey, feel free to post about whatever you know on blogs here - I'm in the " gotta learn this" mode now !

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely nicedreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec
    Hey, feel free to post about whatever you know on blogs here - I'm in the " gotta learn this" mode now !
    Same here.

I've been thinking about starting a blog about me and my bf. I dunno though. Don't want to share too much with the world.

Does anyone here have a personal blog?

Jimmy

Gay Amateur Paysites / Solo Twink Paysite
    Nice Dreams Cash
    http://www.nicedreamscash.com

Dzinerbear
    hey bec, i'm learning too. Andy installed wordpress on the pig for me. I'm sure we'll talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    hey bec, i'm learning too. Andy installed wordpress on the pig for me. I'm sure we'll talk.
    Yea, I heard you two finally got it on there ... have you managed to get any further at all than saying "yep, it's up there"??

you know in the last two weeks I think I have installed 7 different blogs for my clients.....everyone is getting into it!