Thread: Content Question

On the other hand.... You have different fingers

Content Question

If you run your own site and shoot your own content, do you ever buy content to fill out the rest of your site?
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

I'm not a producer, but I do see sites that have exclusive, and then offer up purchased in a "bonus" category. Content is hosted on the domain, but carefully marked as not being "their" stuff. - Not feeds, just bonus material that is related to the site niche.

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar

We do...

Yes, we do our own shoots so the majority of the site's content is this exclusive content but we do offer "bonus" material that fits our site's niche (Young Latinos) for added value for our members.

As long as the material is in your site's niche it can't hurt and members love to sign in and see new material in addition to the weekly exclusive models.

Lee
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by MiamiB
    Yes, we do our own shoots so the majority of the site's content is this exclusive content but we do offer "bonus" material that fits our site's niche (Young Latinos) for added value for our members.

As long as the material is in your site's niche it can't hurt and members love to sign in and see new material in addition to the weekly exclusive models.

Lee
    I couldn't agree with you more, Lee. I mean,k coming from a provider it sounds like a sales pitch, but you figure, if you have members, and they've seen your exclusive content, they may wait until your next update, but why not give them something to occupy their time inbetween. People have such short attention spans these days and you may lose members in between exclusive updates. An extra pool of photos and videos will keep them coming back for more.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar

Right...

It just makes sense for retention. People love to check a site (especially when they are paying for it) every other day or so and if they see something added they feel like they are getting more value for their membership buck!

Lee
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers dirtygeek's Avatar
    We shoot our own content for our sites AmateurHunks and Muchachos, but we still buy content for our other sites and projects that we are working on. I think we have bought almost all the gay content that is possible to be lic. It’s good to use as filler and keep memberships happy between updates.

Quote Originally Posted by DonMike
    If you run your own site and shoot your own content, do you ever buy content to fill out the rest of your site?
    You'll get more with a kind word and a 2 by 4 then you'll get with just a kind word.

Stunner Media Presents 8 great programs:
    IndieBucks | StandAhead | BoyCrushCash | Phoenixxx | <a href="http://hunkmoney.com/">Hunk Money</a> | <a href="http://nats.britishbucks.com/">British Bucks</a> | <a href="http://nats4.emoprofits.com/">Emo Profits</a> | <a href="http://latinobucks.com/">Latino Bucks</a>

Paul Markham
    Maybe the gay side of the business is different fronm the straight side but this is my comments.

A lot of sites think they can stick up 50 sets and 25 videos all shot be the same people, of the same theme, in as few days and for as little money as possible and make a site.

As for buying extra to keep the surfer happier well that's not going to happen.

Then they spend as much money as possible trying to get traffic, traffic that will never retain because the surfers know they've been ripped off and don't know about cancelling or charging back.

Buy some in?

Of course not, because it's not exclusive and they will argue that if it's not exclusive the surfer will have seen it and cancel or charge back.

They don't buy in because they think it's easier to get away with out the expense.

paul, i don't work teen - which is your niche - but i've had great retention on sites with non-exclusive or partly non-exclusive straight content. of course, these are usually pretty niche-y niches i work, so that may be why.

there are some sites in gay that rebill spectacularly with 90% non exclusive content but i've worked stra8 sites i can say the same about. i think quality is key here - and a very honest tour. if you show them what you really have and it's content they haven't seen, they'll be perfectly happy to see more of it.

i have some filler content on our site, and plan to keep it untill we have more shoots. it gives the members more to play with, and we don't mislead them and tell them non exclusive sets are exclusive...

Paul Markham
    I think you're right Basschick.

There are many sites out there that boast being exclusive and about as exclusive as Heinz Baked Beans in a yellow tin can. Same taste, same effect, same everything as every other site and same low quality.

It's exclusive. It's the only place on the Internet you can see this girl suck that cock in that room. The fact that she's sucked 100 other cocks on 100 other sites does not make it non exclusive to the webmaster or affiliate.

Wonder if the surfer see it the same?

it depends on the surfer. guys who surf tgps and have joined a lot of paysites have gotta laugh the fifth time they see the exact same chick giving the exact same handjob in the exact same vidcaps on yet another tour who claims the content is "exclusive".

you know what's sort of weird? some people i know who get tours from webinc end up with "exclusive" on their tours even though they didn't tell webinc the content was exclusive - and it wasn't.

Paul Markham
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick
    it depends on the surfer. guys who surf tgps and have joined a lot of paysites have gotta laugh the fifth time they see the exact same chick giving the exact same handjob in the exact same vidcaps on yet another tour who claims the content is "exclusive".

you know what's sort of weird? some people i know who get tours from webinc end up with "exclusive" on their tours even though they didn't tell webinc the content was exclusive - and it wasn't.
    So if exclusive is sold so often why is it you can buy non exclusive so cheap?

If a surfer in a year sees it 5 times on 5 different site I would assume he's joined 10 in a year, so not a prolific free site surfer.

So if he's seen it on 5 out of 10 lets say he's seen 1/10 of it's sales. $50 a set times 50 sales is $5,000 a scene. So why are custom shooters working for peanuts?