Thread: My new computer kicks ass!

Xstr8guy

My new computer kicks ass!

It has an X2 Athlon so it's almost like having a dual processor computer because it has 2 processors on one core. And I also had HP install 2-250 gig hard drives in a RAID 0 configuration so it's like having one super-fast 500 gig hard drive.

But it sure is a pain in the ass to get everything set back up.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Right on! I need a new computer at home. One that is built for recording music. I have no idea where to even start looking. Ugh.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Dzinerbear
    Jim, we're two peas in a pod. I just bought pretty much the similar machine two weeks ago.

It's so quiet.

Michael

That new athalon 64 been taunting me awhile, but can't justify building one right now, maybe in a few months I'll get the board and do one up.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    Jim, we're two peas in a pod. I just bought pretty much the similar machine two weeks ago.

It's so quiet.

Michael
    Yes, it's way more quiet than the laptop I replaced... it sounded like jets taking off. But the HP is not as quiet as our other new computer. It's a Sony and I fear that fans aren't working because it makes almost no noise at all.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec
    That new athalon 64 been taunting me awhile, but can't justify building one right now, maybe in a few months I'll get the board and do one up.
    Oh yes! The 64FX is awesome but I couldn't afford any of the systems that came with the FX. I'm obviously not as handy as you, I could never build my own.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I bought a new 64x2 HP a couple of weeks back for movie editing and stuff and i have to say, it really is a nice machine

Think it cost around $900 from Best Buy and i couldnt be happier with its speed and performance, so much so in fact that we're considering revamping our remaining 3 machines to the same specs in the next couple of months

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy
    Oh yes! The 64FX is awesome but I couldn't afford any of the systems that came with the FX. I'm obviously not as handy as you, I could never build my own.
    Hey, I'm one of those people who was terrified of computers ... I knew if I broke it, I couldn't afford to replace it! So if I can get over the shakes that came with the first time I had to pull the cover off one and to the point now of being able to do a system from scratch, I bet you could do it too!

Xstr8guy
    Does it really save money Bec?

nice one, my next big purchase is a half decent home PC, been working off my laptop now for too long

Meant to be Obscene, not Heard. HotMaleVideos's Avatar
    I have a regular Athlon 64 that's just about 2 years old now. She's been treating me well, but I sure am jealous. Would love to put together an X2 system in the next few months.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    I built my own computer from scratch buying all the parts from NewEgg.

But I do want to replace it now with a 21" widescreen LCD and the dual-core Ahtlons