Thread: Off Shore Outsourcing

Dzinerbear

Off Shore Outsourcing

Have you ever used one of those off-shore outsourcing companies? Are they more pain than they're worth? Did you get good work? Is off-shore just a lot of hype?

Michael

for me it started out good but after about two weeks it was all excuses and late deadlines, then it started into his relatives dying and funerals (I have since heard this is a common excuse)

luke, designers at outsourcing companies have supervisors, so i assume you must be talking about a freelance designer. i've had both good and bad experiences with freelance designers, here and offshore.

i had good experiences with outsourced staff through a company, however how well you do with any staff depends on your supervisory abilities. a lot of people think of outsourced designers should be able to work virtually unsupervised. several have said they expect those designers to work just like designers at, say, webinc.

what they don't understand is when you order a design from webinc, those designers are working under a head designer (peter). they aren't flying without a net.

so if you leave all decisions up to a designer with no experience on the decision end of design and no experience as an adult webmaster, you may not be satisfied with the results. if you are good at explaining your needs and can show examples of what you need, you will probably be able to find someone who satisfies you.