Thread: Adult Verification

Dzinerbear

Adult Verification

I see that AVN's cover story for February is about age verification. Do you think this will become the new "2257" of 2006? Or is this just some people with a product to sell trying to create a market?

Michael

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    the question is how.
    We had AVS, now we don't

Short of taking people's drive licenses I don't see other ways of age verification happening. Germany certainly does the license/id card check, but too much privacy laws here to allow it to happen

I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of vaginas. They bother me in the way that spiders bother some people. Huskyhunks's Avatar
    I see sites like Bearfilms with the age verification. If I was a surfer, I would really be turned off by that. It's an official signature with birthdate info and everything. That's just a little much for me.
    Artist/Painter and Webmaster of Huskyhunks.com.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear
    Or is this just some people with a product to sell trying to create a market?
    That is exactly what it is.

Without even reading the article i guarantee you'll have quotes in it from the FSC, ASACP, Larry Walters and a couple of people who have purchased Larry Walters 'age verification' system.

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    And doesn't his age verification system amount to the surfer filling in their birthdate from drop down menus? How is that age verfication? That's a speed bump if anything.

Michael

maxpower
    I think the credit card thing was good enough, nothing is 100% perfect but that works better than about anything to keep little kids out of sites. Maybe they should just change the name to AVA Age Verification Attempt.

maxpower
    Our age verification attempt system, if designed to prevent most underage viewers for seeing adult content as mandated by Law. LOL