Thread: affiliate programs that redirect traffic

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. Northstar's Avatar

affiliate programs that redirect traffic

I just signed up for a affiliate program on a well known gay amateur site, I don't what to name them yet. After I signed up I noticed on their site that they had banners at the top of all there pages that lead to their own affiliate programs to other pay sites. Why would anyone use their affiliate program if they are just going to redirect traffic to their own programs? Would any of you send them your traffic? I emailed them to see if they could offer a separate join page that didn't have their banners at the top but so far I haven't gotten a reply.

robin
    For me it depends. If I find/discover a leak like that I might try it for a trial period. Quite often though I've got to end up dumping them.

with a REALLY good site, usually no one clicks those banners. otherwise i email the webmaster and explain that if he would mirror the tour for the affiliates so there are no traffic leaks, i'd be happy to send traffic.

Paco
    If I/we find out traffic is being redirected to something other than our ID (we are not credited for sales and clicks are not recorded), I pull all links to/for the sponsor!

Some of the programs do that with their old FHG, without notice, and the result is they also never see another click from us!

I know what you mean about all the traffic leaks on tours anymore. I'm seeing so many that are putting links for their stores, linklists, and so on as part of the tour links and it just needs to be about moving a surfer to the join page. There really does need to be a seperate tour for webmasters to send their surfers to that doesn't hijack the traffic and compensation to the affiliate is paid out accordingly.

desslock
    I watch this carefully, and I would love to see a greater articulation by affiliates as to our awareness of the issue, and the downsides of putting leaks on their sites.

On the upside - if someone wants to differentiate their affiliate program from other competitors, they should advertise this as a benefit.

Steve

thanks for that thought steve!

*rushes to email designer to add "NO Traffic Leaks" to affiliate program*

Quote Originally Posted by desslock
    I watch this carefully, and I would love to see a greater articulation by affiliates as to our awareness of the issue, and the downsides of putting leaks on their sites.

On the upside - if someone wants to differentiate their affiliate program from other competitors, they should advertise this as a benefit.

Steve

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. Northstar's Avatar
    Well I contacted them but they still haven't replied. I will give them another day or two them I'm dumping them and I will let them know why. I wouldn't think it would be that hard for them to make up and mirror page with no leaks.

If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. Wowmediacash's Avatar
    Totally agree with basschicks original post - if the sites unique and good then its not a problem - there are a few exceptions but generally not.

Introducing Amateurs Do It - Your Next Big Seller in 2015 - AmateursDoIt.com
    WOW Media Cash affiliate program for AmateursDoIt.com & WankOffWorld.com