Thread: Amazing.. Simply Amazing...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Amazing.. Simply Amazing...

New York (ANTARA News) - The discovery of several new flora and fauna species in the Indonesian easternmost province of Papua has captured the attention of the United States (US) conservationists and gone under the country`s media spotlight.

The outcome of an observation which was supported by the Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI), Conservation International Indonesia, and Cendrawasi University (Uncen) was blazoned across the front page of several newspapers in the US on Wednesday (Feb. 8).

LIPI announced in Jakarta on Tuesday that an expedition by several researchers in Papua`s Membramo jungles in November and December 2005 discovered the species of nectar-sucking birds, two types of toad respectively known as nyctimystes fluviatilis and Xenorhina arboricola, kangaroo-like creature (dendrolagus pulcherrimus) and several other new species.

Meanwhile, Wildlife Conservation Society for Asian Program director Colin Poole said he had predicted that other new species would likely be discovered at Foja mountain range in Papua.

The Wildlife Conservation Society for Asian Program is an organization, run by Bronx Zoo, in New York.

Colin Poole said the Foja mountain range is covered with a massive jungle which has never been penetrated before by any expedition team.

"The LIPI researchers will probably discover other new species that we have yet to understand," Colin Poole was quoted as saying by the New York Times.

According to him, the discovery of the new species was expected to be a new beginning for the world`s conservationists to give their assistance to Indonesia in protecting the Papua`s forest and mountain range.

The New York Times also quoted the comment which was made by Dr Bruce Beehler of the International Conservation who took part in the expedition.

He said the local community in Papua should play an important role to protect the Foja mountain natural resources.

"It is for their future. Thus, we tried to empower them to be the long-term keepers of their mountain range," Beehler said.

The Washington DC-based International Nature Conservation also mentioned in its website that the Foja mountain forest in Mamberamo district was one of the most isolated jungle in Asia.

They called the forest area "a lost world." (*)

http://www.antara.co.id/en/seenws/?id=8791

Its always amazing to think that we, as a race, are interested in exploring space when, there are places on this planet that we dont even know exist yet hell, the oceans havent been explored as much as space has.

I saw a few pictures on a couple of other news peices and i have to say, some of the new discovered animals they found are gorgeous to look at.

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Great, a new place to dump our trash, dig for oil, level for room to build a luxury hotel. Ya know, they paved paradise to put up a parking lot.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Paco
    I honeslty wish it would have remained lost!
    I dread their future.