Thread: Membership Size?

maxpower

Membership Size?

I have always wonder how big of a pond I am in, could some of the more advanced webmasters please share a ballpark idea of membership size. Personally I would like to beadle to break 1000 active members, and just wondering how plausible this would be.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Totally depends on your site, your marketing, your niche.

There are gay sites with 15,000+ members (and I don't mean megasites with a ton of feeds... I'm talking membership sites with no feeds or extra benefits, just great original content), and there are sites with 100 members. And the interesting thing is... there are extremely mediocre sites that *still* have 3000+ members because of relentless, effective marketing.

I think that if you have a strong product and it's well presented and well marketed, you'll do fine.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    In all honesty, the amount of members a site has means very little to a program owner other than the amount of $$$ they generate

you could have 1000 members and each of them only make you 1 rebill or, you could have 100 members who rebill for months on end.

In fact, the ONLY people i ever see asking about how many members paysite owners have are affiliates, most program owners look at revenues not member counts

Regards,

Lee

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    In all honesty, the amount of members a site has means very little to a program owner other than the amount of $$$ they generate

you could have 1000 members and each of them only make you 1 rebill or, you could have 100 members who rebill for months on end.

In fact, the ONLY people i ever see asking about how many members paysite owners have are affiliates, most program owners look at revenues not member counts

Regards,

Lee

Well I have a really short trial I really don’t think I could sell 1000 memberships in that time or really even 100,by active members I really meant recurring members

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by boyfunk
    Totally depends on your site, your marketing, your niche.

There are gay sites with 15,000+ members (and I don't mean megasites with a ton of feeds... I'm talking membership sites with no feeds or extra benefits, just great original content), and there are sites with 100 members. And the interesting thing is... there are extremely mediocre sites that *still* have 3000+ members because of relentless, effective marketing.

I think that if you have a strong product and it's well presented and well marketed, you'll do fine.
    Thax that dose give me some hope, I don’t have any original content yet, but I do have like 80% of the feeds in the world, so many it takes all day just to pay them. I guess I just need to turn the corner, I don’t like to use the word “Mega-Site” but really that’s what it is. Also I guess I was thinking small with 1000 but that’s my current goal. I would love some examples of "relentless, effective marketing"

Paco
    Why it's simply HUGE !
    No, F__K that, it's MASSIVE... hell, when we show people the sheer size of it they... RUN LIKE HELL, in a mad panic, arms flailing while screaming at their loved ones why theirs aren't as big.

OH, memberships.. damn, I was think of the member.